CALL FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. WRI established a Regional Office for Africa based in Addis Ababa since December 2017. We are seeking experienced consulting firm to outline the feasibility of applying lessons from China’s Ecological Conservation Redline initiative within Ethiopia’s national planning framework. The firm will work with the country team of the Food and Land Use Coalition and representatives of the Environment Forest Climate Change Commission (EFCCC).
- A detailed company profile with clear technical and financial proposals.
- A renewed business license for the current Ethiopian Fiscal Year,
- Valid VAT Registration Certificate and Tax Identification Number (TIN)
This assignment can be ‘performed by a single consultant or a team. However, we only accept application from a firm and the firm should propose an individual or a team with the following qualifications or experiences: .
- Advanced degree in Biodiversity/Conservation Management, Natural Resource Management, and Environmental Sciences;
- At least 10 years of experience in biodiversity conservation assessment (preferably in the context of protected area and biodiversity assessment);
- Strong understanding of Ethiopia’s political practices, knowledge of existing body of laws, regulations, and procedures’ governing land use, and working experience with relevant GOE Ministries and government official concerned with- biodiversity conservation and protected areas;
- Demonstrated experience/good track record of in the testing the applicability of strategies, intervention, politics/approaches
- Good general knowledge of global biodiversity and international conservation issues including relevant environmental conventions and instruments are is plus;
Interested applicants can obtain a Terms of Reference (ToR) in electronic format from Gubignet Tekle (Gubignet.firstname.lastname@example.org) until 5:00 pm October 25,2020 while all proposals must be submitted by 5:00 pm October 30,2020 to Sofia.Ahmed@wrj.org and copy Gubignet.Tekle@wri.org. Please use the following format for the email subject line: Consultancy to Test the Feasibility of Applying lessons from China’s Ecological Conservation Redline Initiative in Ethiopia. All proposals must be submitted in electronic format.