Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Water Development CommissionProcurement of Works
- COUNTRY: ETHIOPIA
- NAME OF PROJECT: OWNP (CWA Phase-II)
- Credit No.: IDA-64450/P167794
- Contract Title: Drilling and Construction of three Deep WaterWells For Daro-LabuCRWASH Multi Village Water SupplyProject.Reference No. ET-WDC-192686-CW-RFB
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank for the implementation of the Water Supply, Sanitation & Hygiene program(One WashNational Program phase-II) in the country. The WaterDevelopment Commission (WDC) intends to apply part of the proceeds to cover eligible payments under the contract for construction of Drilling and Construction of three DeepWater Wells For Daro- LabuCRWASH Multi Village WaterSupply Project in Oromia Region, West Hararghe Zone. WDCnow invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the above-mentioned works.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National competitive bidding (NCB) procedures as specified in the World Bank’s”Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018″), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guideline.
- Key Qualification Requirements are Financial Capability: The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means (independent of any contractual advance payment) sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as ETB24,000,000.00 for subject contract(s) net of the Bidder’sother commitments. Average Annual Construction Turnover: Minimum average annual construction turnover of ETB 27,600,000.00 calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed within the last 5 (five)years specific Construction & Contract Management Experience: A minimum of 2(two) similar contracts that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor between 1st January 2017 and application submission deadline with a minimum value of ETB19,200,000.00Note: Detail Qualification requirement will be provided in the bidding document.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Water Development Commission, and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 8:30 AM to 5:00 PMLocal time at the address given below.
- A complete set of bidding documents in the English Language may be purchased by interested bidders upon the submission of a written application to and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 500.00 (five Hundred) or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before November 17, 2020 at 14:00 hours (2:00 P.M). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on November 17, 2020, at 14:30hours2:30 PM)
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of ETB250,000.00 (ETB Two Hundred Fifty Thousand) or in freely convertible Currency
- The address referred to above is:
Ministry of Water Irrigation and Energy, WaterDevelopment Commission, Haile Gebresilassie Avenue,
Room Number 114.
Attention to: Mr. Nuredin Mohammed, Engineering, Procurement, and Contract Management Directorate,
DirectorP.O.BOX 13/1076 Telephone: +251-11-663-70-18,
Facsimile number: +251-11-661-08-85,
Email address: „firstname.lastname@example.org, City –
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia