REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST- INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
INDUSTRIAL PARKS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
COMPETITIVENESS & JOB CREATION (CJCP)
PROJECT ID: P143302, CREDIT NO: IDA 54510-ET-IPDC-163913-CS-INDV
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) – the World Bank towards the cost of implementation of the Competitiveness & Job Creation Project. The Industrial Parks Development Corporation (IPDC) an implementing agency intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this Credit to eligible payments under the contract for Individual Consultancy Service of “Social Development Specialist”
The main objective of the employment of the consultant is to obtain qualified and experienced Social Development Specialist with knowledge and experience of social and resettlement issues related to infrastructure development.
The consultant will report to CJC-PIU Project Manager, as the primary supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Continue the existing work through Managing complex technical, institutional and program implementation issues in relation to social development intervention and lead pertinent dialogue with counterparts, including stakeholders and PAPs in relation to grievance handling, appeals processing, and other concerns specific to managing social and community development matters in general, and occupational health and safety issues in particular in relation to IPDC, CJC-PIU and the IPs.
2. Involve and work on the development of Grievance redressing mechanism for the enterprises
3. Continued on the Identification of safeguards related systemic bottlenecks existing in the general IP development process and in managing land acquisition, displacement and resettlement that prevent the realization of adequate social risk management.
4. Interpret research/study findings, and recommendations on social safeguard topics and contribute to the project knowledge base by analysing and disseminating lessons learned from safeguards related project works.
5. Identify and participate in safeguards related forums or conferences to showcase project experience, approach and value proposition, which includes serving as a panelist or moderator for internal and external events related to social safeguards.
6. Continued, Lead and contribute to ongoing and emerging project initiatives related to social development, through participation in integrated efforts and project practices in collaboration with CIC-PIU environment and gender specialists and other experts in the PIU and IPDC.
7. Provide guidance to stakeholders, contractors, PAPs and project staff towards working on social risk management.
8. Follow-up and support the timeliness and quality of project intervention, in coordination with CJC-PIU staff, IPDC safeguards team, relevant stakeholders and PAPs.
9. Prepare management and mission briefs for the PIU and the World Bank Group on project implementation in line with efforts made in preventing or mitigating existing and/or emerging social development issues.
10. Provide overall coordination and assistance in the implementation of the RAPs and Livelihood restoration plans for both Kilinto and Bole Lemi.
11. Closely work with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the Livelihood restoration shaded constructed at Kilinto site have access road and electric supply
12. Support the PAPs to start and implement livelihood restoration activities at Kilinto
13. Follow-up and ensure that the IPDC produced ESMF to be used by all enterprises in both IPs
14. Provide specific technical advice on mitigation measures for the establishment of effective GRM by enterprises
15. Follow up and ensure the health and safety of the community including populations at risk and vulnerable groups
16. Review the procedure being followed to produce site specific ESIA by enterprises to ensure compliance with the ESME
17. Review, compile and prepare quarterly reports on social safeguards to be submitted for the World Bank
18. Provide technical support on the assessment on the provision of child care services in the enterprises
Qualification and Experience Required:
The assignment will require a good understanding and knowledge of social risk management that are associated with industrial parks and a high level of technical competence in the implementation of social risk management instruments.
The Consultant should therefore possess the following qualifications:
1. Graduate/advanced degree in social sciences, anthropology, sociology, development studies social Work or other related relevant discipline;
2. Minimum of 8 years of professional experience working on social risk management in , with strong preference for experience in working across Industry Parks development or different industry sectors;
3. Working experience in emerging industries, ideally in displacement and resettlement environments;
4. The specialist must be well versed with the World Bank guidelines/ Ethiopian Social Safeguards systems and with experience in drafting documents of similar nature
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
6. Pragmatic, solution-oriented, problem solver with a high degree of responsiveness and proactivity;
7. Ability to influence and negotiate within teams, and with clients and stakeholders; experienced in Stakeholder Management, Knowledge Management and Supervision and Support;
8. High personal integrity and emotional intelligence, with demonstrated ability to handle sensitive matters in a discreet and respectful manner;
9. Strong report writing, and analytical skills; ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse information sources, and draw conclusions from available data;
10. Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural team, influence and negotiate point of view within teams, superior mentoring skills;
The Industrial Parks Development Corporation now invites qualified eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Individual Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (CV, Relevant Testimonies, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
The individual Consultant (IC) will be selected and engaged on the basis of their qualification for the assignment in accordance with the World Bank’s guidelines. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, Revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Duration of the assignment/contract
The duration of this assignment/contract shall be until April 2021 starting from the date of agreement Location: Industrial Parks Development Cooperation, Addis Ababa The consultant may obtain further information at the address provided below during working days and office hours from 8.30AM-12:30 PM and 2:00 – 5:00 PM local time from Monday to Thursday and from 8.30-5:30 AM and 2:00- 5:00 PM local
time on Fridays. Expression of Interest along with documentary evidences can be sent through the e-mail: tesscjc@yahoo. com with a copy to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or can be delivered to the address below marked “Expression of Interest for Social Development Specialist”, Procurement Package
Reference No.: ET-IPDC-163913-CS-INDV
on or before 20 April 2020 up to 5:00 P.M. Local Time.
Industrial Parks Development Corporation, Competitiveness and Job Creation Project Coordination Office, 3rd Floor, Room Nº 307, Comoros Street, Bishan Gari Building, opposite to Kenya Embassy, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.