ECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR AFRICA
- Title of the EOI: Production and Publishing of 4 Monthly Magazine Articles by a Pan African Megazine
- Date of this EOI: 08 May 2020
- Closing Date for Receipt of EOI: 08 June 2020
- EOI Number: EOIUNECA17489
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Address EOI response by e-mail for the Attention of: Rahel Tarekegne
- UNSPSC Code:55100000; 55101500; 82121500; 82121506
DESCRIPTION OF REQUIREMENTS
UNECA is facilitating a AfCFTA- anchored pharmaceutical project in order to convene relevant stakeholders across public and private sector to pilot selected strategies for improving access to maternal and child health essential medicines and commodities across selected geographic areas in Africa and then scale up in other regions across the continent. Given the pivotal role investments in health plays as input in achieving sustainable and inclusive economic growth, the Commission hopes to develop a framework of action to advance health outcomes and shape health markets in Africa. ECA proposes to:
(i) Leverage the AfCFTA in facilitating regional pooled procurement across specific cluster markets with identified interest
(ii) Facilitate and advocate from the policy angle local production of selected and identified pharmaceutical drugs and products
(iii) Ensure quality standards of identified medicines and products for pooled procurement and local production
With this background and in line with the objectives specifically to advocate from the policy angle for pooled procurement and local production of maternal and child health-care products; UNECA is seeking to engage the services of a panafrican monthly news magazine to showcase and feature some of the most relevant advocates on the continent – women themselves who are contributing to shaping Africa’s pharma landscape – to advocate for the principles of the project initiative; and/or the macro improvements and social gains to be reaped from women’s productivity and improved health children.
A series of 4 monthly articles are to be produced that feature and tell the story of how African women are contributing in the following areas:
1.In the public policy space-to feature some African female leaders who are advocating for and supporting the AfCFTA- anchored pharmaceutical project initiative principles;
2.In health innovation- to feature some of the African women innovators making strides in the pharmaceutical/ health space in Africa;
3.In pharma manufacturing – to feature some of the African women-led pharmaceutical manufactures in Africa;
4.In the pharma regulator space – to feature some of the African women working in the regulatory space.
1. A series of 4 monthly stories/ articles developed and produced that are aligned to the areas identified;
2. The first article to be produced in time for the African Union Extra Ordinary Summit in May 2020 that will take place in South Africa which will benefit from the presence of Heads of State, select private sector and other officials attending the Extra Ordinary Summit of the African Union.
3. The second article will be produced in June, the third in July, and the fourth will be produced in August in time for and in the run up to the UN General Assembly to be held in September which will benefit from the presence of the worlds Heads of State, global diplomatic community, private sector, civil society, youth, activists and other officials attending the UNGA. All 4 editions of the articles will also need to be distributed in the margins of the UN General Assembly to ensure international visibility of the African women who are contributing to shaping Africa’s pharma landscape.
Vendors who express their interest will be invited to participate in the subsequent bid. UNECA is precluded from entering into a contract with vendor that is not fully registered with United Nations Global Market place (UNGM) and did not obtain UN Global Market Place (UNGM) Vendor ID Number. Thus, only those vendors who are registered or provisionally registered or have started their registration process in UNGM will be eligible to receive the solicitation document. (Use https://www.ungm.org/ ).
Vendors interested in participating in the planned solicitation process should complete/submit the Vendor Response Form of this EOI either electronically (through the link https://www.un.org/Depts/ptd/sites/www.un.org.Depts.ptd/files/pdf/eoi17489.pdf) or send it via e-mail to Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) (UNECA) before the closing date set forth above. Please direct all your queries to United Nations Economic Commission for Africa using the email provided above.