Invitation for Bids (IFB) Water Developmnt Commission
Procurement of Works
NAME OF PROJECT: OWNP (CWA Phase-II)
Credit No.: IDA-64450/ P167794
Contract Title: Civil Works with Supply and Installation of Pipes & Fittings, and Electromechanical Equipment forSankura Multi Village Water Supply and Sanitation project in SNNPR
Reference No. ET-WDC-179853-CW-RFB
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank for the implementation of Water Supply, Sanitation & Hygiene program(One WaSH National Program phase-II) in the country. The Water Development Commission (WDC) intends to apply part of the proceeds to cover eligible payments under the contract for construction of Civil Works, Supply and Installation of Pipes & Fittings, and Electromechanical Equipment’s of Sankura Multi Village Water Supply and Sanitation project in SNNPR, Silte Zone. WDC now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the abovementioned works.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018″), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guideline.
- Key Qualification Requirements are: Financial Capability: The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means (independent of any contractual advance payment) sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as ETB 19,233,299.67 for the subject contract(s) net of the Bidder’s other commitments Average Annual Construction Turnover: Minimum average annual construction turnover of ETB 173,099,697.00 calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed within the last 5 (five)years Specific Construction & Contract Management Experience: A minimum number of similar contracts specified below that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor between 1st January 2015 and application submission deadline:(i) 1 (one)contract of minimum value of ETB 92,319,838. Note: Detail Qualification requirement will be provided in the bidding document.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Water Development Commission, and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 8:30AM to 5:00 PM Local time at the address given below.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English Language may be purchased by interested bidders up on submission of a written application to and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 500.00 (five Hundred) or equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before November 3,2020 at 14:00 hours (2:00 P.M). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on November 3, 2020 at 14:30hours (2:30 P.M).
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of ETB 1,000,000.00 (ETB One Million) or in freely convertible Currency.
- The address referred to above is:
Ministry of Water Irrigation and Energy, Water Development Commission, Haile Gebresilassie Avenue, Room Number 114. Attention to: Mr. Nuredin Mohammed, Engineering, Procurement and Contract Management Directorate, Director P.O.BOX 13/1076 Telephone:+251-11-663-70-18 Facsimile number: +251-11-661-08-85, Email address: ,email@example.com City – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia