Invitation To Bid (ITB)
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
(CONSULTING SERVICES FIRMS SELECTION) NCB
COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Assignment Title: Consultancy Service for the Preparation of Guidelines/Manuals for the Design and Study of Urban Water Supply and Sanitation in SNNPRS
- The SNNPRS Water, Mines and Energy Development Bureau has planned to finance the cost of preparation of guidelines for the study and design of Water Supply and Sanitation in SNNPR, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The consulting services include undertaking the Preparation of Guidelines/Manuals for the Design and Study of Urban Water Supply and Sanitation in SNNPRS.
- The Services are estimated to be rendered for a period of 7 (Seven) months.
- The general objective of the service is to prepare detail and up to date design manuals and guidelines that will be used in different stages of water supply study and design works to enhances the practice of using similar approaches and procedures during the design of any water supply related projects in the region. This will help to provide quality, cost effective and knowledge based design approaches for water works design and construction. In addition, it is also intended to prepare design templates for major water supply structures.
- The SNNPRS Water, Mines and Energy Development Bureau now invites eligible consulting firms (Consultants) to submit their financial and technical proposals to provide the services as per the Request for Proposal (RFP). Interested Consulting firms must provide information that they are qualified to perform the Services including:
- Brief description of the adequacy of the Consulting firm to respond to the assignment (maximum 2 pages),
- Documentation justifying general qualification: brochures, financial information as turn-over for the last 5 years, technical and managerial organization of the firm, general qualification and availability of appropriate skills among staff.
- Documentation that shows Consultant’s direct practical experience in the context of design and study of urban water supply and sanitation projects in the region within the last 3 years, and also can point out the problems of existing design manuals and standards specifically in the context of SNNPRS region
- Provision of letter of good performance in water supply and sanitation consultancy service for above projects in recent three (3) years (assignments),
- Any other relevant information
- The short listing criteria are Core business and years in business, qualification and practical experience in the field of assignment (water supply and sanitation), organizational, managerial and technical capabilities of the firm, and general qualification and number of key staff but not individual experts’ bio data.
- Consultants with Grade 3 (three) and above are invited to apply for this assignment. They may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the article 5.7 of the PPA Manual. Consultants should have renewed Certificate of Registration/ compliance, trade license & work permit in water sector to participate in WASH projects.
- Hence, those interested consultants fulfilling the above requirements are invited to apply for submission of TECHNICAL AND FINACIAL PROPOSAL as per the Request for Proposal (RFP) within 30 days (including holidays) after the last date of publication on The Ethiopian Herald Newspaper. The submission date will be the next day after 30 days at 3:00 PM. If the submission date is overlap with Holiday, the next working day will be the submission date at similar time.
- Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday @ 8:30 A.M-5:30 P.M. Request For Proposal (RFP) document can be obtained at 200 birr form the address below and RFP accompanied with relevant documents must be delivered to the address below at the above-specified date and time.
SNNP Regional State Water, Mines and Energy Development Bureau
In front of Hawassa University, Main Campus
Room No: 1st floor, P/F/P/Ad/Directorate, Room No. 102,
Tel: 251-046-212-62-26 or 251-046-220-24-69
Tel: 251-046-212-33-08 or 251-046-212-33-09
Fax: 251-046-212-33-10 or 251-046-220-39-39