REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION) For
TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICE FOR THE PRIVATIZATION OF STATE-OWNED SUGAR COMPANIES (SOSC)
The Public Enterprise Holding and Administration Agency (PEHAA) wishes to engage a qualified and experienced Transaction Advisor to provide privatization transaction advisory services for the privatization of state-owned sugar estates (Ethiopian Sugar Corporation) and carry out all the necessary work that is pertinent for a successful privatization transaction. These estates are Welkayit, Tendaho, Kesem, Omo Kuraz-1, Omo Kuraz- 2. Omo Kuraz-3, Arjo-Dedesa, and Tana-Belese Sugar Estates
The Transaction Advisor is expected to prepare a comprehensive plan and recommendations for a successful privatization transaction for the above sugar estates, undertake the necessary market research, and carry out a detailed analysis of alternative transaction approaches, with a view to recommending the one most suited for each company or all companies. The work to be undertaken will also include assisting the client in any activities subsequent to bringing a strategic investor on board as is necessary to close the transaction.
PEHAA now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services, Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Thorough knowledge of the sugar sector from commercial, legal, technical, economic, environmental, and public policy perspective;
- Extensive previous transaction advisory experience in the agriculture and manufacturing sectors and capital markets;
- Expertise in carrying out legal, technical, financial due diligence and accounting expertise necessary to carry out Successful transaction;
- At least two experiences in the past five years in developing, assessing and advising on privatization activities, either as an advisor or as an agent, and broad experience in the sugar sector, including legal, regulatory, operational, industry and technical experience;
- Experience in undertaking business review, expertise in business and fixed assets valuations;
- Transaction advisory experience in similar transactions and public sector transaction advisory experience will be an added advantage, and
- In the event of a Consortium of Firms, prior experience working together would be an additional asset.
- Note:-only required qualification and experience of the firm will be considered at this stage.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost-based Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations. Further information can be obtained, by email at the address below during office hours from 8:30 AM to 11:00 PM Addis Ababa time
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by fax, on or before December 11, 2020; but preferably by e-mail.
Public Enterprises Holdings and Administration Agency
P.O.Box 11835 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia