Invitation for Bids
COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
NAME OF PROJECT: Agricultural Growth ProDA Credit-9205 Contract Title: fish hatchery center establishment equipment
Reference No. NCB/FAGP-11/2020-G
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Agricultural Growth Program II (AGP-II), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for fish hatchery center establishment equipment.
- The Ministry of Agriculture now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the following goods.
- Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (insert correct title and date of applicable Guidelines edition as per legal agreement) (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Ministry of Agriculture and inspect the bidding documents during office hours from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM at the address given below.
- A complete set of bidding documents in the English language may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 200(Two hundred only) or in an easily convertible currency. The method of payment will be in cash/ cashier’s check. Bidders who wish to have the bid document delivered to their address by a courier service pay an additional amount of ETB 500.00 or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency for a courier service charge or send a prepaid courier service coupon to the purchaser address below. However, the purchaser shall not be responsible for a loss or delay in the delivery of the mail and shall not entertain requests for an extension on account of such delays.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before October 16 2020 @10:00AM Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on October 16 2020 @10:30 AM.
- All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” 50,000.00 (fifty thousand) ETB or freely convertible currency
- The addresses referred to above are:
Attention: Degayehu Desso, Procurement Directorate Director
Address:- Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), Agricultural Growth Program-II (AGP-II)
Street address: CMC Road, behind Geological Survey of Ethiopia,
Floor/ Room number: Block B, Room number 1-2
City:- Addis Ababa, Bole Sub City Country:- Ethiopia
Facsimile number: +251-116-46-07-43/116-46-20-03
Ministry of Agriculture