REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST- CONSULTING FIRMS FEDERAL;
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA INDUSTRIAL PARKS DEVELOPMENT
CORPORATION (IPDC) COMPETITIVENESS & JOB CREATION PROJECT (CJCP)
PROJECT ID: P143302
Credit No: IDA 6263-ET
Procurement Ref No.: ET-IPDC-180941-CS-QCBS
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) the World Bank towards the cost of implementation of the Competitiveness & Job Creation Project (CJCP). The Industrial Parks Development Corporation (IPDC) – an implementing agency, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this Credit to eligible payments under the contract for the Consultancy Services of “Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) as a Guideline for the Tenants to be enrolled in Kilinto and Bole Lemi II Ips”).
The objectives of the consulting services (“the services”) are but not limited to the following:
The specific objectives of the Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) are:
- To provide as much information as possible about environmental and social risks and impacts (including health and safety of the industry workers) and on the surrounding communities and downstream users;
- To inform the tenants with the potential impacts/risks of the industries on the resource base, water and energy and on planning and design processes of construction techniques.
- To describe the procedure for subsequent assessment of impacts and development of appropriate environmental and social safeguard instruments when the details of the industrial processes become available.
- To provide a consistent approach for all individual tenants including on the stakeholder consultations requirements, in the course of conducting environmental and social assessment activities;
- To provide details of the required step-by-step procedures and specify tools (relevant government and World Bank guidelines, standards, legislations, policies) that should be considered to conduct an ES Assessment by individual tenants enrolled in the IPs. Accordingly, potential investors and developers will be able to comply with the key requirements for environmental and social safeguards in the development sector
- To provide advice or guidance on the types of wastewater treatment facilities to be emplaced by individual tenants, or IPDC, as required,
- To provide background information on environmental and social safeguards related policies and frameworks in the ES Assessment procedures within the context of the Ethiopian legal framework and the World Bank guidelines and to develop a functional framework for guiding further interventions by IP tenants Bank’s safeguards requirements;
- To guide individual tenants in conducting their assessment and implementation responsibilities so as to minimize or avoid risks including on the surrounding environment and the community,
- To assist the tenant companies in determining their roles and responsibilities as indicated in the components and process of ES assessment and the general framework of corporate social responsibility:
- Identify key issues related to gender mainstreaming at all levels of the project
- Identify the availability of and gaps in Grievance Redress Mechanisms
- To identify social and environmental impacts of the development projects, which are not anticipated and considered in the original ESIA, and to recommend standard environmental and social management plan and associated mitigation measures:
- Identify the availability of the required human capacity (with skills and competencies) in place
- To incorporate any possible additions, plans and strategies to fill perceived gaps and identify any possible need for additional institutional framework to be prepared;
- The consultant should apply best local and international practices, experience, etc., so as to make the document as comprehensive as possible.
Duration of the assignment is 2 Calendar Months.
The Industrial Parks Development Corporation now invites eligible and qualified Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the Consultancy Services of “Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) as a Guideline for the Tenants to be enrolled in Kilinto and Bole Lemi II IPs”
Interested Consulting Firms should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience on “Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) as a Guideline for the Tenants to be enrolled in Kilinto and Bole Lemi II IPS”.
Firms may include any relevant information that may indicate their experience and relevance for the assignment. This may include: brochures, core business, years of experience in the business, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, technical and managerial organizational structure of the firm, number of key staff, availability of appropriate skills among staff, general qualification etc.).
The following criteria will be used to assess the Expression of Interest documents;
- Core Business and Years in Business. The Firm should have been in business for at least 5 (five) years;
- Specific Experience on “The Consultant shall also have executed at least 3 contracts of similar nature and size;
- Technical Capability and Managerial Organization of the Firm; and General Qualifications and number of Key Staff as well as availability of appropriate skills among staff necessary for successful implementation of the assignment (no need to provide CVs at this stage).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines”, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint. venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants propose to establish.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines” through a Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS).
Further information can be obtained at the address below from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 A.M hours and from 2:00 PM to 5:00 P.M hours, Mondays to Thursdays and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 PM to 5:00 P.M hours on Fridays during working days and office hours.
Expression of Interest along with documentary Evidences can be sent through e-mail: email@example.com with a copy to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org of can be delivered to the address below marked “Expression of Interest for the Consultancy Service for “Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) as a Guideline for the Tenants to be enrolled in Kilinto and Bole Lemi II IPs” Procurement Reference No.: ET-IPDC-180941-CS-QCBS on or before November 09,2020 up to 5:00 P.M. Addis Ababa Time,
Industrial Parks Development Corporation, Competitiveness and Job Creation Project Coordination Office, Yeka Sub City, Comoros Street, opposite Kenya Embassy, Habet Building, 3rd Floor, Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA.