Invitation to Bid
Procurement Reference Number: HU/NCB/06/2012
- The Haramaya University invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Construction of Haramaya Hospital Intensive Care Unit (ICU) G+1 Building Block and Construction of Cafeteria at Haramaya Hospital. Bidders should have successful experience in the execution of similar works in nature and complexity. Bidders should be registered contractors of category GC/BC class 4 and above having Trade license and construction service certificates valid for 2012 Ethiopian Calendar years, Tax clearance certificates, and VAT Registration certificate. Interested eligible bidders are invited to submit Wax sealed bids for providing the necessary labor, material equipment and any other necessary requirements for the execution and completion of the works.
- Bidding will be conducted through the open national tendering procedures contained in the Public Procurement Proclamation of the Federal Government of Ethiopia. And is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Bidding Documents.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the office of Haramaya University Purchasing and Sales Department Tel. 025-553 00 16/63, Fax: 025-553-03-25_or Haramaya University Liaison Office in Addis Ababa, Arat kilo nearby Romina Café room No 15. Tel. 0111571847 &inspect the Bidding Documents.
- Qualifications requirements include: must be eligible fulfilling the requirements of the Particular Instruction of the Project. A margin of preference for goods manufactured in Ethiopia and local companies engaged in construction or consultancy services shall not be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to Haramaya University Purchasing and Sales Department Tel. 025553 00 16/63, Fax: 025-553-03-25 or Haramaya University Liaison Office in Addis Ababa, Arat kilo near by Romina Café room No 15. Tel. 0111571847 and upon payment of a non-refundable fee 500 Birr. The method of payment will be cash. The Bidding Documents will be sent by legal person authorized by the Bidder.
- Bids must be delivered to Haramaya University Purchasing and Sales Department Tel. 025-553 00 16/63, Fax: 025-553-03-25 or Haramaya University Liaison Office in Addis Ababa, Arat kilo near by Romina Café room No 8. Tel. 0111571847 at or before 11:00 AM MAY 19, 2020. Late bids will be rejected.
- Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at Haramaya University Purchasing and Sales Department Tel. 025-553 00 16/63, Fax: 025-553-03-25 and Haramaya University Liaison Office in Addis Ababa, Arat kilo nearby Romina Cafe room No15. Tel. 0111571847 at 11:15 AM May 19, 2020
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of 100,000 (One Hundred Thousand) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. The bid security shall be payable on demand to the employer, and must be in an acceptable form of Bank Guarantee/CPO and must be addressed to HARAMAYA UNIVERSITY.
- The Haramaya University reserves the right to reject any bid and to annul the bidding process and reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without there by incurring any liability to Bidders.