REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES -INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Urban Productive Safety Net Project (UPSNP)
Credit #. IDA-57560
Assignment Title: Selection of Individual Consultant [Senior Procurement Specialist] Number of post: one (1)
Ref #. ET-MUDH-163917-CS-INDV
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank to the cost of the Urban Productive Safety Net Project (UPSNP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for individual consulting services.
The Individual Consulting Service (The Services) include providing support and assistance to Federal Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency (FUJCFSA) and project implementing cities in the overall procurement planning, managing the Process, coordinating and reporting of the procurement progress of the project in managing the procurement activities of the Project for goods, works and non-consulting and consulting services in accordance with The World Bank’s procurement rules and procedures. The Individual consultant will have the following duties and responsibilities, among others:
The services include:
- Provide close support and professional guidance to all implementing agencies, particularly cities from emerging regions, in the procurement management of the Project for procurement of goods, works and non consulting and consulting services in accordance with agreed procurement procedures for the project.
- Initiating and coordinating training for implementing agencies in procurement with particular focus on the World Bank procurement procedures.
- Monitoring procurement in implementing cities (especially for the cities of emerging regions) to ascertain compliance with the World Bank and GoE procurement regulations.
- Preparing and Updating the UPSNP Procurement Plan and regularly updating and uploading the documents and information in Systematic Tracking and Exchange in procurement (STEP).
- Coordinating/conducting the preparation of Terms of Reference, Request for Expression of Interest, Short listing, Invitation of Bid, preparation of a comprehensive and complete Bidding documents for Works, Goods, and non consulting services and preparation of comprehensive and complete Request for proposals (RF P) for the selection of consultancy services.
- Coordinating/conducting the bid/proposal evaluation process and thereafter preparing the bid/proposal evaluation report and contracts for submission to the relevant authorities for approval and to the World Bank as required.
- Closely work with and provide the necessary support to the evaluation committee and bid endorsing committee to quickly completion of the evaluation and approval process respectively.
- Managing contracts after Signature and assisting cities to manage their own contracts.
- Attending to all audit queries on procurement.
- Developing a procurement processing, monitoring and reporting system and taking a lead in the preparation of quarterly reports on the status of procurement activities in the Project.
- Participate in different Supervision and support missions, identify the progress, procurement challenges and recommendation to improve the implementation of procurement
- Ensure that proper maintenance of files and Procurement Register Books are up-to-date in STEP as well as in hard copy
The assignment will be for two year, with possible extension upon A Satisfactory performance of the consultant.
- At least BA/BSc from a reputable and recognized university in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics,
- Law, Engineering, Accounting, Management or any other related discipline. Possession of post graduate degree or an advanced degree will be an advantage.
- Training in procurement or a professional qualification in procurement.
- At least 8/10 years’ experience in procurement in a large private/ public sector organization or Projects for Masters and Bachelor degree respectively.
- At least 5 years procurement experience in Government of Ethiopia (GOE)/World Bank funded Projects thorough understanding of World Bank’s, Federal and regional government procurement procedures.
- Computer literacy in the use of word processor, spreadsheets and any other application relevant to procurement.
- Excellent and strong commitment to sharing procurement and contract management related expertise and experience in order to develop others.
- Excellent writing and communication skills both in Amharic and English (all reports, documents and correspondences shall be in English)
- Experience and knowledge on the Systematic Tracking and Exchange in procurement (STEP) is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the urban sector in Ethiopia is an advantage
The Federal Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency now invites eligible individual consultants/specialist to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
Qualification and Experience as procurement consultant/procurement specialist in public procurement management and specifically in World Bank financed project and their capability on the basis of academic background, general and relevant experience, and knowledge of local condition.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section V para 5.1 to 5.6 of The World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Remunerations: will be negotiable and depends on qualification and experience of the candidate.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 am to 12 in the morning and from 2:00 to 5:00 pm local time in the afternoon.
Expressions of interest (including recent and comprehensive CV with a letter of application and other relevant supporting documents) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by June 29, 2020 on or before 4:00pm
The address: -Attn: -Debebe Barud,
UPSNP project coordinator
YOBEK commercial center Building, 14th Floor
Telephone number 251-115-5577346, 0115575037, 0115577554
Country: – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia