REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
- (CONSULTING SERVICES, INDIVIDUAL SELECTION) ETHIOPIA
- FEDERAL TRANSPORT AUTHORITY (FTA)
- TRANSPORT SYSTEMS IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (TRANSIP)
- Credit No.: ET-51860
- Assignment Title: Gender Specialist for FTA TRANSIP
- Reference No: ET-FTA-152364-CS-INDV
The Federal Transport Authority (FTA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Transport Systems Improvement Project (TRANSIP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- Review the existing project document and assess whether it is gender-sensitive or not. And expected to indicate the issue which should be included in the document,
- Identify issues incorporated in the project and follow up the implementation by providing appropriate support.
- Identify the areas of gender-based violence and provider appropriate guide to mitigating.
- Promote the implementation of Government’s and the Bank’s gender policies, ensure that women are consulted and enhance the level of gender analysis of program/ project;
- Prepare appropriate action plans in order to use the budget that assigns for social impact assessment by the bank.
- Prepare a strategy to implement gender mainstreaming action plan.
- Assess the potential gender impact of proposed projects; conduct or draft Terms of Reference for social impact assessment, gender audit any other study which is necessary.
- Support the inclusion of gender in all program/project activities especially gender balance in project implementation like staff teams, training, and beneficiaries;
- Promote the mainstreaming of gender issues at all stages of the project cycle, from planning through evaluation;
- Collaborate with other staff in the FTA to ensure the incorporation of gender issues in its project activities;
- Participate in Working Groups to ensure that projects documents prepared by the design and other consultants adequately address gender issues;
- Assist in developing indicators to monitor the gender impact of Bank-supported projects;
- Review on-going projects with regard to gender impact and gender-based violence perspective and propose remedial measures as appropriate;
- Collect gender-disaggregated data and information and other gender-related information on each of the sub-projects implemented by the FTA as part of the routine tracking and monitoring system of the project
- Initiate specific studies related to gender and development for the purpose of project formulation, supervision and post-evaluation;
- Ensure that Project Completion Reports specifically identify gender gaps and reflect gender-related project success and learning experience;
- Prepare and submit yearly reports on progress made in mainstreaming gender issues into the Bank’s operations;
- Coordinate with other organizational units in the Bank on issues related to gender policy, capacity building and interagency collaboration
- Develop a series of core training modules and organize training workshops on the practical dimensions of gender mainstreaming issues.
- *Candidate may also serve as a technical/subject matter expert support to related ongoing contract activities,
- Perform other duties as the supervisor and/or the client may from time to time deem necessary.
- The Federal Transport Authority/TRANSIP now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The Gender Specialist should possess the following qualifications/competencies: *B.A or B.SC or Master’s Degree in Gender Development Studies or Sociology or any Development Studies or related field of studies from a recognized university.
- At least eight (8) years for B.A/B.Sc degree or six (6) years for M.A/M.Sc degree progressively professional experience working on gender specialists.
- Proven experiences on gender-related project and/or transport-related projects, and/or donor-related projects are advantageous.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict An individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The service of Gender Specialists will be required on a full-time basis with a one-year contractual employment duration and with possible extension based on performance and duration of the assignment.
Expressions of interest, including CVs an academic, and experience testimonials must be sent by emails addressed below on or before 3 June. 2020.
Consultants may obtain further information from the email addresses below: Federal Transport Authority Transport Systems Improvement Project Ms. Banchealem Addis, Project Implementation Unit Head 4th floor, Room # 406/401, Woreda 7, Kirkos Sub-City Tel +251 91115267 or +251 911678157 Email : email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org