EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EOI)
Bid Reference No. EOI/MOH/SDG//25-2020
NAME OF PROJECT: Public Private Partnership (PPP) to Provide Health PPP project – Feasibility Study of Oncology Services
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Ministry of Health (MOH) is desirous of examining the feasibility of developing an oncology services through a PPP as it seeks to accelerate improvements in the provision and quality of health services available to the population. As part of the improvement program, the World Bank and the Global Financing Facility supported the government in undertaking prefeasibility study of the project and implementation option for PPP oncology services in St. Paul and St. Peter’s hospital in Addis Ababa. The study revealed that which site can be the project area, options of implementation and brief financial viability of the oncology service. Following the appraisal and endorsement of the Prefeasibility study both by MOH and MOF, it is directed to carry out the next step, Feasibility Study as per the National PPP proclamation and other legal Frameworks
- MOH are now seeking experienced consultants to undertake Feasibility study to define the project scope of work including but not limited to project viability in terms of technical, financial, economic feasibility
- Moreover, social and environmental impact assessment will be considered in the feasibility study
The main objective of the service
- The main objective of the study is to prepare a feasibility study for determining the viability of a PPP modality including technical, economic, and financial for the provision of oncology services at Saint Paul Millennium Medical College ; and Assess the Social and environmental impact assessment of the project
The scope of the work includes but not limited to
- The Feasibility study intended to achieve the general and specific objectives stated in the TOR. The following points included in the scope of work and described accordingly.
- The Consultant shall consider technical and financial, economic, social, environmental management and sustainability issues related to the slated activities to be undertaken within the feasibility study.
- The Consultant shall also remain cognizant and be informed by the following important factors, and their associated potential impacts on the project including legislation, regulations and policy framework related to the project. These would include but not necessarily be limited to laws and regulations pertaining to operations of health service providers, payment policy guidelines (who will pay and how payments will be made for service) laws and regulations for the local authorities, planning and building laws and policy directives
- The study must consider the best uses and development phasing projects, in a manner that is technically and financially viable and economically feasible for a PPP
The Short Listing Criteria are:-
Skills and Professional Requirements
The consultant and the team members should have skills and experience to execute all required tasks mentioned in the TOR. All team members should be committed, have sufficient skills and experience and also they should be always on board to do the work effectively and efficiently.
The consultant should have the following skills and experience but not limited to;
- Core business and years of experience in the business, The Consulting firm should be engaged in the feasibility studies activities and should have a minimum of five years proven experience in consulting on feasibility studies.
- Demonstrate execution of two similar nature feasibility studies in the last five years,
- Knowledge and well-experienced in preparing feasibility studies for PPP in specialty services; preferably in oncology services.
- Knowledge and experience on health facility planning and management
- Knowledge and experience on environmental and social impact assessment and planning, and resettlement action plan.
- Legal experiences to PPP, the health infrastructure development and preparing PPP agreements in the health sector.
- Technical experience in designing and procuring health infrastructure,
- Knowledge and experience in structuring projects in infrastructure environment;
- Knowledge and experiences in project management.
- The Consulting firm must have valid and renewed trade licenses.
- Registration certificates from PPPAA.
- VAT registration Certificate.
- Valid tax clearance letter from the Tax Authority
- Expression of Interest (EOD) shall be submitted in English language
The total duration of the assignment is expected to be four months.
The Ministry of Health (MOH), now invites eligible consulting Firm jointly or individually to indicate their interest in providing the consulting services stipulated above under “The Scope of the assignment”.
Interested consulting firms must provide evidences or supporting documents and information indicating that they are qualified to perform in the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, qualifications, profiles of their institution,necessary accreditations and licensing documents, and so forth).
Consultant selection will be conducted using a Request for Proposals (RFPs) as specified in the Public Procurement and Property Administration Proclamation of the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia. The Consulting Firm will be selected in accordance with Qualification & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Interested Consultancy firms are required to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) in one (1) envelop, with one (1) original hard copy, three (3) Copies and One (1) electronic version on a flash disc or CD.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 7:30 AM- 5:00 PM in all working days. Expressions of interest must be delivered to Finance and Procurement Directorate office in the Block A 2nd floor of the Ministry, Addis Ababa Ethiopia on or before 2:00 PM October 13, 2020. Late submissions will not be considered.
Expressions of interest will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the Finance and Procurement Directorate office Block A 2nd floor of the Ministry, Addis Ababa Ethiopia on October 13, 2020 at 2:30 P.M.
Ministry of Health
Tel 251-11-515 09 93, E-mail: email@example.com, Web site: www.moh.gov.et P.O. Box 1234
Addis Ababa Ethiopia