INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
ETHIOPIAN ROADS AUTHORITY
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
(CONSULTANCY SERVICES –
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
Request for Expressions of Interest for Consultancy Services for Technical Assistance of Road Asset Management Strengthening Focusing on Capacity Building Support for Adoption of Low Cost Pavements
Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Name of Project: Road Sector Support Project
Loan/Credit No.: IDA53710
Project ID No. : P131118
Reference No.: S/87/ICB/RP/IDA/2012E FY
The Government of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Road Sector Support initiative and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for Technical Assistance of Road Asset Management Strengthening Focusing on Capacity Building Support for Adoption of Low Cost Pavements.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include rendering the service with due diligence and efficiency in full support and enhance the ongoing road asset management endeavor that suffered from lack of skilled and experienced manpower, modern techniques, basic tools and equipment
The individual consultant is expected:
- To facilitate the experience sharing for a minimum of 15 senior Engineers engaged in Road Asset Management and Maintenance activities.
The entire assignment is expected to be completed within a period of 6 (Six) months after contract signing
The Ethiopian Roads Authority now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Individual Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The following criteria will be used to assess the Expression of Interest documents,
• Education Background: Minimum of BA. Degree in Human resource management
General Experience: Minimum of 6 years’ experience in managing, coordinating, designing and developing training programs or experience sharing visits at international level,
• Specific Experience: 3 Years of experience in coordinating, managing organizing training or experience sharing visits in international level and/ or 3 years of experience in Mapping out training or experience sharing plans and schedules, designing and developing such programs for corporate and choosing appropriate methods for an effective undertaking of those programs.
- The individual consultant shall be from countries which have long term practice in the adoption of low-cost pavements and which has also good relationship with institutions practicing low-cost pavements.
- Individual consultant shall attach educational testimony and past experience confirmation letter together with the whole CV or the respective experience of the proposed individual consultant with no educational testimony and past experience confirmation letter, depending on the case, will be merited zero marks.
The attention of interested Individual Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World bank Borrowers, (January 2011, Revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. from Monday to Thursday, and from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Friday.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in three (3) hard copies or electronically to the address below (in person, or by mail) by 4:30 PM on or before June 10, 2020.
Attn: Mr. Zekarias G/Giorgis
Engineering Procurement Directorate, Director
New Building Block – A, Ist Floor
P. O. Box 1770
Ras Abebe Aregay Street
Tel.: +251 11 515 0419
Fax: +251 11 554 4434
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ethiopian Roads Authority