Notice of Invitation to Bid No.
1. The Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation (ECWC) has allocated sufficient budget to be used for the Procurement of Sub-contract Works described in No. 2 below.
2. The Project is named as Construction, Earthwork and Structure Activities at Arjo Dedesa Sugar Development Irrigation Project: Right Main Canal & Associated Structures Construction Project Lot 1&2 (ch.0+000 – 45+635). The project is entirely located in Oromia Regional State, which lies in Arjo and Nunu Kumbu Woredas in Eastern Wellega Zone and Limu Seka Woreda in Jimma Zone of Oromia. It is located at a distance of about 530 km from Addis Ababa and 165km from Jimma and is accessible from Addis Ababa through Jimma to Gechi (490km asphalt road) and from Gechi to Dam site is 40km of gravel road. Arjo is the town nearest to the command area on the right bank of the river. Another route to Arjo is from Addis Ababa through Nekemte, and the total distance is about 466km.
3. The Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation now invites suitably qualified bidders to submit sealed bids for Sub Contract work described in No. 2 above.
4. Participation is open to all interested national and international eligible bidders and all which have proven professional capabilities in construction earthwork and structure activities.
5. Interested bidders shall submit the following evidence;
a. In the case of Ethiopian bidders, Certificate of Registration from Ministry of Construction with Category GC-1/RC-1/WC-1 and above renewed for 2012 E.C. and other appropriate documentary evidences demonstrating the bidder’s compliance, which shall include: –
- i. Trading License renewed for 2012 E.C; and
- ii. Tax Clearance Certificate, which states that the bidder can participate in any public tender, valid at bidding date and VAT Registration Certificate, and
- b. In case of bidders other than Ethiopians; business organization registration certificate or Trade License issued by the country of establishment.
6. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures as specified and defined in the Bidding Document.
7. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Foreign Procurement Team of ECWC at Old Building, Room 06, P. O. Box 21952/1000 Tel +251 118 96 29 91 and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 8:30 A. M. to 12:30 P. M. and 1:30 P. M. to 5:30 P. M. From Monday to Thursday and 8:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. and 1:30 P.M. to 5:30 PM. on Fridays and 8:30 A. M. to 12:30 P.M on Saturdays from the date of bid notice.
8. A complete set of bidding document prepared in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of Birr 500.00 (Birr five hundred) the method of payment will be in cash.
9. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of Birr 500,000.00 (Birr Five hundred thousand). Late bids will be rejected and returned unopened.
10. Bidders shall submit two envelopes, “Qualification Application & Bid Security” in one envelope and “Financial Bid” separately in another envelope and should be sealed in an outer envelope and deposit it in the Tender Box available in the Procurement Department of the Corporation, Old Building Room No.06, on or before August 27/2020 at 10:00 AM and the Evaluation is to be carried out in two stages, Qualification Application first and Financial Bids of qualified bidders next.
11. Qualification Application and Bid security of the bidders will be opened on August 27/2020 at 10:30 A.M at ECWC, Procurement Department Room No.06 in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend on the Bid opening date.
12. The Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation
Tel:- 251-118 96 29 91
P.O. Box:- 21952/1000
Address: – ECWC at Gurd Shiola, Infront of Andinet
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia