Invitation to bid (ICB) Reference
No. ECWC T-73/2012
- The ECWC has allocated sufficient funds required for the procurement of works and related services here in under-prescribed in number 2.
- Description of Works: Sub-contracting of Intake Tower & Draw off culvert works located and situated in the Amhara National Regional State at a distance of 714 km from Addis Ababa.
- Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation is, therefore inviting suitably qualified bidders to submit sealed bids for the prescribed hereinabove designated in #2.
- All interested national and international bidders and have proven professional capabilities in the design, and installation of intake tower (or similar) and/or related types of assignment are eligible and invited to participate in the bid.
- Interested bidders shall submit the following evidence; a. In the case of Ethiopian bidders, Certificate of Registration from Ministry of Construction with Category Water Works Construction Contractor Grade 1 renewed for 2012 E.C. and other appropriate documentary pieces of evidence demonstrating the bidder’s compliance, which shall include:
- i. Trading License renewed for 2012 EC; and
- ii. Tax Clearance Certificate, which states that the bidder can participate in any public tender, valid at bidding date and VAT Registration Certificate, and
- iii. Registration as the supplier in the list of the mandated public body, i.e. Public Procurement and Property Administration Agency (PPPAA).
- b. In case of bidders other than Ethiopians; Business Organization Registration Certificate or Trade License issued by the country of establishment
6. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Foreign Procurement Team of ECWC at Old Building Block No. 1 and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 8:30 A. M. to 12:30 P. M. and 1:30 P. M. to 5:30 P. M. From Monday to Thursday and 8:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. and 1:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. on Fridays and 8:30 A. M. to 12:30 P.M on Saturdays.
7. A complete set of bidding document prepared in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application and in furnishing eligible document indicated in No 5 of the notice to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Birr 1000.00 (One Thousands) birr effective as of this invitation notice is published on the Ethiopian Herald News paper. The method of payment will be in cash.
8. Bidders shall submit two envelopes, “Qualification Application & Bid Security” in one envelope and “Financial Bid” and other documents specified in the TOR separately in another envelope and should be sealed in an outer envelope and deposit it in the Tender Box available in the Procurement Department of the Corporation, Old Building Block No. 1 on or before July 02, 2020 at 10:00 AM.
9. Evaluation is to be carried out in two stages first Qualification Application and next Financial Bids of qualified bidders next.
10. Qualification Application and Bid security of the bidders will be opened on July 02,2020 at 10:30 A. M at ECWC, Procurement Department Conference Room in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend on the Bid opening date. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of not less than 0.5% – 2% of the total quoted amount and shall not exceed 500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousands)Birr. The bid security should be either in the form of cashier’s Payment Order (CPO), Letter of credit or Bank Guarantee. Late bids will be rejected and returned unopened.
11. The Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation
Address:- Gurd Shola, In front of Andinet
Addis Ababa Ethiopia