U.S.EMBASSY ONLINE AUCTION
Color TVs, Garden Furniture Set,Lawn Mowers, water distillers, office equipment, chairs, IT Hardware, Voltage Transformers
October 7-October 14
The Embassy of the United States of America will hold an online auction of 21 lots, including non-working printers and UPS battery backup systems, decommissioned computers (hard drives removed) and other discarded IT hardware, used garden table and chairs, non-working water Distillers, used office chairs, and damaged Color TVs. All items are sold as-is with no warranty, and no expectation that the items can be refurbished.
Access the auction now on the Department of State’s official website:
Interested parties can browse the site before the auction opens.
For more information, please call: 011-130-7577 or 011-130-7611 or
How it works
View the items and register to bid online via https://online-auction.state.gov/
Scroll down and click on “Addis Ababa” among the U.S. Embassies currently holding auctions.
After the auction opens, registered bidders can begin bidding on any lots. All users must read and abide by the policy statement and regulations set forth on the website.
Bid winners must pay the full amount of the winning bid to: A/C NO. ETB1502100010050 at Bank of Abyssinia only. Cash will be accepted at the YERER or SALITEMIHRET branches. If using CPO, it must be in the name of “Bank of Abyssinia” who will collect funds on behalf of the U.S. Embassy. CPOs will be accepted at the Ras, Bole, Sidist Kilo, Raguel, Yerer, Salitemihret, and Megenanga branches. Payment will NOT be accepted by the U.S. Embassy. Partial payments are not allowed.
Payment must be made before the payment deadline of October 28 (2 weeks after the closing date of the auction) during regular bank branch operating hours. upon full payment, bid winners will be given an official receipt that must be presented along with their original bid winner’s an email confirmation to collect the items.
Responsibility and Removal of Items:
Bid winners must bring the official Bank of Abyssinia receipt and bid winner’s email to pick up their items at the U.S. Embassy Warehouse in Jacross. Items may be picked up between 9:00 am and 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday until the last day to pick up the items: October 28, 2020 (2 weeks after the closing date of the auction). Please wear a face covering on arrival.
Bid winners must provide their own labor and transportation to remove the items – the U.S. Embassy will not provide any assistance in removing auction items. Failure to remove items as per the terms and conditions provided will result in the forfeiture of the items.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old and bring proper identification (passport/ID) to collect items.
- All bidders must provide personal transportation for their purchases; the Embassy will have no transportation available.
- Any and all duties, taxes, transfer fees or other charges of an official nature that may be levied by the Government of Ethiopia are the sole responsibility of the buyer and will not be deducted or credited to the sale price by the U.S. Embassy.
- All items are sold on an “AS IS”, “WHERE IS” and “NON-RETURNABLE” basis. The Embassy DOES NOT guarantee any items in any way.
- In case of failure to fulfill all requirements stated above, the Embassy will reserve all rights to cancel bids and take related administrative measures including forfeiture of payment, as necessary.
- U.S. Government reserves the right to withdraw for its use any or all of the items prior to actual removal of the property from U.S. Government control; U.S. Government reserves the right to reject any bid that is considered not to be commensurate with the value of the property, or to reject any bid where there is evidence of connivance, collusion, or bribery.