Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Afar National Regional State Water, Irrigation and Energy Bureau
IFB title – Construction of Elabaha Rural Water Supply System in Hadele’elaWoreda.
Procurement Ref. No.- AWRB/WSSD/NCB/CCW/06/2020
- Afar National Regional State Water, Irrigation and Energy Bureau has allocated a capital budget towards the cost of Rural Water Supply System Construction Works and it intends to apply part of funds to cover eligible payments under the Contract for Construction of Elabaha Rural Water Supply System in Hadele’elaworeda,
- The Afar Regional State Water, Irrigation and Energy Bureau now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for construction of Supply and Installation of Transmission and Distribution pipelines, Construction of Public & School Water points, Cattle Trough, Generator & Guard Houses, and access road and Supply and Installation of Electromechanical Equipment and main dam, spillway, etc...
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB), a procedure specified in the regional government Procurement Guideline and is open to all bidders from eligible Sources/Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
- Bids shall be valid for a period of One Hundred Twenty (120) days after Bid opening. Bids must be accompanied by bid security amount birr 200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand) in the form of Unconditional Bank Guarantee or CPO. Bids shall be delivered on or before 9:30 am Jul 01, 2020. Bids shall be opened at 10:00 am, Jul 01, 2020 in the presence of bidders who wish to attend. Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
- Qualification requirements include: all water works contractors Grade 3 and above having (i) the essential business licenses & certificates, equipment, machineries and manpower (ii) specific work experience of completion of at least two similar contracts in the last three years with a value of at least Birr 11,000,000.00 (Eleven million) or completion of at least one similar contracts in the last three years with a value of at least Birr 22,000,000.00 (Twenty Two million), (iii) the last three years average annual turnover of at least 1.5 times the bid price, (iv) liquid assets of at least Birr 4,000,000.00 (Four million). Additional details are provided in the bidding document.
- Complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased directly from the Afar Regional State Water, Irrigation and Energy Bureau upon payment of a nonrefundable fee Birr 300.00 (three hundred) by interested bidders coming to the address indicated below:
- Bidders should present renewed Water Works Registration and Trade License for the year 2012 E.C, VAT, TIN and Suppliers registration certificate.
- Address: Afar Regional State Water, Irrigation and Energy Bureau, Procurement, F/P/A Directorate
Ground Floor, Room Number – 6
Telephone Number: 033 866 93 07
Afar National Regional State Water,
Irrigation and Energy Bureau