REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES, FIRMS SELECTION)
Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia; Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority, Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division;
Name of the Project: Kality Wastewater Treatment Plant & Kotebe Wastewater Treatment Plant Project located in Eastern Catchment
Assignment Title: Consultancy Service for Study and Design of Additional Facility to AAWSA Wastewater Treatment Plant Sites and Construction Supervision Administration in Addis Ababa City
Procurement Reference No.: AAWSA/WSIDD/GOV/NCB/CS-001/2020
1. The Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division Office has intended to allocate finance for rehabilitation and improvement of Kotebe and Kality WWTP, MBR & ABR WWTP in different sites of Addis Ababa, and also Mikililand Gelan, Gerji and Bole homes treatment plant, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services (study and design, and Contract Administration and Construction Supervision).
2. The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
Phase I: Study and Design
- Component 1: Rehabilitation and improvement of Kotebe WWTP, Study and design of Drying bed and Landfill for Kality and Kotebe WWTP, Design review of Headwork, screening and grit chamber for WSP of Kality WWTP and identifying assessing, and improving the treatment capacity and quality of the previously constructed ABR WWTP at 9 MBR WWTP sites and Study and Design facilities for Mikililand, Gelan, Gerji and Bole homes treatment plants which will be identified during existing situational assessment as required (the facility may include access road Internal road, toilets showers, office, operators dwelling houses, fences, gates, landscaping work, rehabilitation work as required but not limited to the above) as per the indicated list under Table 1 above.
- Component 2: Design of Access road for all treatment plants if any and internal road for Kality and Kotebe WWTP as per the indicated list under Table 1 above.
- Component 3: Design of Landscaping and greenery work, offices, Toilet, Showers and Operators/ employee dwelling houses for Kotebe, Kality and 12 MBR WWTP sites as per the indicated list under Table 1 above.
Phase II: Contract Administration and Construction Supervision.
The time period required for phase I will be 240 days and phase II will be 365 days from the signing of the contract.
3. The consulting firm to be hired must be highly competent /reputable and must have experienced key professionals and appropriate support staff with ample work experience.
4. The AAWSA-Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the services. Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the consulting services for both phases (brochures, core business, years of experience in the business, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, technical and managerial organizational structure of the firm, availability of appropriate skills, general qualification etc…).
5. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants propose to establish.
6. The consulting firm will be selected under Quality and Cost Based selection /QCBS/ method in accordance with Public Procurement Agency (PPA’s) procedures for selection and employment of consultants.
7. Bidders/Consulting Firms who had poor performance and bad conduct in the previous relation with the AAWSA, WSIDD cannot participate in this bid.
8. Interested consulting firm can obtain further information and collection of full set of TOR document (soft Copy) from the Procurement Department at the address below during working hours.
9. Expression of Interest must be delivered in two hard copies to the address below in person, mail) on or before June 09, 2020
10. The A.A.W.S.A Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division reserves the right to reject any or all of the bids.
Address: AAWSA Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division, Lideta subcity Woreda 08 around condominium houses on the left side of Lideta Menafesha.
Attn: Mrs. Mestawot Abebe, Procurement Support Process Head
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org