REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
CONSULTANCY SERVICE – FIRM SELECTION
GENERAL WINGATE POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
PROJECT: EAST AFRICA SKILLS FOR TRANSFORMATION
AND REGIONAL INTEGRATION PROJECT (EASTRIP)
CREDIT No:.: 6335-ET
PROCUREMENT REFERENCE No: GW/QSBS/CS/01/2019
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DETAILED
ENGINEERING DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION & CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONSTRUCTION WORKS FOR EXPANSION OF FACILITIES AT GENERAL WINGATE POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received a fund financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the East Africa Skills transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. One of the beneficiaries TVETS among the others under this project is General Wingate Polytechnic College which is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Hence, General Wingate Polytechnic College on behalf of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has planned to deploy a consulting firm to provide services for detailed engineering design and construction supervision & contract administration of the construction works for the expansion of facilities at General Wingate Polytechnic College.
2. Objective and Description Services
- The objective of the Services
The objective of this consultancy service is to develop detailed engineering designs, working drawings, bill of quantities, confidential engineering cost estimates and tender documents as well as the provision of construction supervision and contract administration during construction phase including defect liability period.
Description of the Services
- (A) Pase 1 (Detailed Architectural and Engineering Design and Preparation of Bill of Quantity and Engineering Cost Estimates)
- a) The design services shall generally cover the architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Sanitary, sewerage, landscape, recreational center, greenery, and parking area designs, and other engineering aspects of the projects with the required stoical analysis and calculations.
- b) The study includes, but is not limited to, field and topographic survey works, material investigations, site works, and engineering design works for the facilities.
- c) The Consultant shall prepare the detailed construction drawings, floor plans, elevations, and sections to their standard scale with technical specifications, Bill of Quantities (BOQ), and Engineer’s Cost Estimate.
- d) Participate and provide technical support in the preparation of tender and contract documents.
- e) Before finalizing the design, contract documents, quantities, and cost estimates of the works will be presented to the Client for comments, review, and approval at both preliminary and detailed stages.
Phase II construction supervision
- a) To ensure that the building is constructed in accordance with the Technical Specification, Engineering Drawings or any amendments there to and meet the standard quality of the end product;
- b) To optimize the use of available material resources to minimize costs to the Client, to maximize the quality of the Works, to expedite construction and to optimize the use of natural resources and ensure environmentally as well as socially sustainable construction;
- c) To ensure that the building is constructed within the Contract Price and Time for Completion allowed under the contract or any agreed amendments thereto.
- d) To prepare “as-built” Drawing, Technical Documentation and Specifications upon completion of each building and technical inspection and reception as well as Operation and maintenance manual.
- e) To participate in the technical committee which will be established for the technical reception of the construction works and hand-over of completed buildings to the user.
3. Scope of the Services
The consulting services (“the services”) include all the services necessary to prepare a detailed design and associated drawings for the college facilities, infrastructure, landscape and recreation and greenery areas based on the standard of Flagship TVET institute in addition to providing technical assistance in preparing all bidding documents that will allow the launch of a tender as per the World Bank Procurement Regulations and Procedures currently in use. The consultant shall carry out all the services required for the contract administration and construction supervision during the construction phase. The construction duration in total is 28 months (4months for phase-I Detail Engineering and 24 months of construction supervision including one-month input for defects liability period). The assignment for phase I is expected to commence in October 2020.
General Wingate Polytechnic College now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
• Criteria for shortlisting:
- Qualification and Experience of the firm such as general and relevant experience (technical competency), technical and managerial capability of the firm- 50%
- Past performance on client contract (eg delivered on time and to budget) -30%
- Quality of officials /key personnel of the firm-20%
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of the World
Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated Jul.2016 and Revised November 2017(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The consulting firm may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A consulting firm will be selected in accordance with the quality and cost-based selection method set out in the procurement regulations. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours, 0900 to 1700 hours. Interested and qualified consultants may obtain the Terms of Reference and further information on the consultancy assignment from the address provided below.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail by August 17/2020 on or before local time 1700.
General Wingate Polytechnic College / EASTRIP Project Office,
New Block; Attn: Ato Jemal Hassen, Project Coordinator;
PO BOX 1188 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Mobile: +251 912042025.
Tel: +251 11 2799324/+251112799187
Fax: 0112800100 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia