REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Country: of Ethiopia
Project: Ethiopia Digital Foundations Project (P171034
Assignment Title: Social Safeguard Advisor to Develop Environmental and Social Framework
Reference No. : ET-MOFEC-COPCU-144660-CS-INDV
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Finance (MoF), has applied for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Ethiopia Digital Foundation Project (“Digital Ethiopia”) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The MoF wants to engage qualified and experienced Social Safeguard Advisor to develop the environmental and social framework of the project implementation unit (PIU)
The objective of consultancy service is to support Ethiopian Digital foundation Project implementation unit in developing Environmental and Social Safeguard Framework for the entire Project, which will outline the main procedures and responsibilities for the identification and management of environmental and social risks associated with the implementation of the Project activities. The document will guide the development of appropriate environmental and social due-diligence instruments which will be determined in the course of the Project implementation.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the following but not limited to:
Preparation of Environmental and Social Assessment and Management Framework for assessing and managing environmental and social issues associated with the implementation of civil works on construction and/or rehabilitation of social service infrastructure and facilities, and with the implementation of grant/social contracting schemes (sub-projects).
Coordinate and assist the PIU disclosure and public consultations on the environmental and social aspects of the proposed Project, presenting the draft ESMF and updated RPF for public review and contribute to the discussion as needed
Contract Term: The service is expected to be completed within 2 months effective from date of contract signing
Qualification and experience: The qualification and experience required for consultants who would like to apply for the service should possess the following minimum criteria
- Minimum University Degree in a field relevant to social sciences, preferably in sociology/ anthropology/economics;
- At least 15 years of experience in environment management and social development.
- Demonstrated experience in project management at various levels of environmental and social management activities, preferably for large-scale development partner funded infrastructure projects (such as preparation and management of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Environmental Management Plans, Environmental Monitoring Plans, Resettlement Action Plans, Construction Environmental and Social Management Plans);
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team setting;
- Previous experience of working in Africa is essential and experience of working in Ethiopia, or a good knowledge of the country, is desirable;
- Work experience as a social specialist in/ with World Bank funded activities and knowledge of the World Bank safeguard policies and requirements will be an advantage;
- Knowledge on country legal process on land acquisition and population displacement and understanding of the World Bank guidelines on social safeguards and social development issues will be given priority.
The Ministry of Finance now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should send expressions of interest, together with information demonstrating that they have the required qualification and relevant experience to perform the service (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, qualifications, and so forth) by providing CVs, and supporting documents
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”) revised November 2017 and August 2018, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant (Section V) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained, by email at the address below during office hours from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Addis Ababa time Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, on or before November 25, 2020, but preferably by e-mail.
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Finance
Attn: Channel One Programs Coordinating Directorate
Address: Arada Sub city, Woreda11/12, Mof building, 4th Floor,
Room No 403, Sidist Kilo in front of Lion Cage park,
P.O.Box 1905,1037, E-mail: EO12019MoF@gmail.com;
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia