Invitation for Bid
Bid no. 004/20
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST to
Evaluating the Effectiveness of Competency-Based or Level- Training for Women Development Army Leaders of the Women Development Army Strategy of Ethiopia
JSI Research and Training Institute Inc./Last Ten Kilometers (L10K) 2020 Project is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and implemented by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI). The project systems support focuses on increasing the capacity of the health system to (i) implement woreda transformation agenda, (ii) plan, improve and assure quality, (iii) increase equity, and (iv) enhance the utilization of valid data to improve RMNCH care practices and outcomes.
As part of its health system support, L10K 2020 intends to evaluate the effectiveness of Competency-Based Level-1 Training (CBT) for women development army (WDA) leaders under the guidance of the ministry of health.
L10K seeks to hire a consulting firm that would work in tandem with project staff and team of experts drawn from ministry of health and International Institute of Primary Health Care in Ethiopia in evaluating the competency-based training of WDA leaders.
Objective: The main objective of the assignment is to evaluate the effectiveness of competency-based level-1 training of WDA leaders in increasing their competency to implement HEP packages and influence their neighbors to implement the HEP packages.
Specifically, the task will evaluate;
- The reaction of trainees, trainers, and organizers to the training The change in knowledge of WDA leaders and their network on HEP packages and skills in communication and negotiation skills through the training
- The change in household-level practices of WDA leaders related to HEP packages and
- The response of neighbors of WDA leaders to their influence in terms of implementing HEP packages
Task: The consultancy firm will work in collaboration with the L10K project team specifically with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research unit throughout the process and in collaboration with the International Institute of Primary Health Care in Ethiopia in Ethiopia under the guidance of the experts from the HEP directorate of MOH. The consulting firm is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Develop and submit a complete research protocol with a plausible robust evaluation design, budget and data collection tools
- Conduct the data collection and produce clean data
- Conduct the data analysis and generate a draft report along with the technical team
- Present the preliminary findings of the assessment to the national TWG Incorporate comments from relevant experts to produce and submit the final report
1. Scope of work
This assignment entails developing research protocol, field level data collection from selected sites, data analysis, report writing and presentation of the findings. The field level activities will cover ministry of health, Amhara, Tigray, Oromia, and SNNP regions.
Required qualifications and experience:
The firm will be expected to employ a rigorous method to evaluate the effectiveness of the training. As such, a consulting firm with a track record of conducting similar assignments most specifically with a demonstrated experience in the application of robust evaluation designs to evaluate community-based interventions and experience in evaluations of the health extension program and other community health worker programs in resource limited setting will be highly preferred.
How to apply
- Interested applicants fulfilling the above criteria can collect a Request for Proposal (RFP) from JSI Research and Training Institute Inc./L10K 2020 office starting from the date of issuance of this announcement (November 16,2020).
- Complete technical and financial proposals should be submitted to JSI/L10K office within seven days of this announcement as per the RFP by 24th November 2020 @ 4:30PM.
JSI RESEARCH & TRAINING INSTITUTE, INC./THE LAST TEN KILOMETERS PROJECT 2020
P.O.Box 13898, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Tel: +251 11 662 0066, Fax: +251 11 663 0919, L10k.jsi.com
Location: On the way from Edna Mall to Bole road, turn left at Friendship Hotel and the second building on the left of Winta Blg. is L10K 2020. Please observe JSI/L10K signage in front of Friendship Hotel (on the road) and on the gate of the office compound.