Jimma City Administration
Invitation for Bid
- Procurement for the Construction of Urban Infrastructure in the City
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Urban Infrastructural and Institutional Development Program (UNDP). It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for the: Procurement of “Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Traffic Signal Systems for two junctions; in front of Awetu Grand Hotel and in front of Lalo Hotel; Package Number: Jimma /UTIDP/W-016/2012. Hence the City Administration now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the provision and construction of the above project.
- 1. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open national tendering procedures contained in the Public Procurement Proclamation of the Federal Government of Ethiopia and is open to all eligible bidders with a category of Electro-Mechanical Level II (2) and above.
- 2. Those bidders are required to submit their business license renewed for the current year (2012 EC) and other appropriate documentary evidence demonstrating their bidder’s compliance, relevant registration certificate from the Ministry of Construction & Urban Development Office! Oromia Construction Bureau, a tax clearance from inland revenue authority, VAT registration certificate and taxpayer registration certificate (TIN) from a legally authorized body.
- 3. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents during official working hours at the address given below.
- A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased as of the 1st day of announcement on this news-paper by interested bidders on the submission of a written application (request) accompanied by copies of renewed business license, competency registration certificate, other necessary documents, and certificates to the address set forth below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of 500 ETB (Five Hundred Birr) during official working hours.
- The bid must be delivered on or before 21s’ working days from 1s day of announcement during working hours to the address below and on the 21s’ working day no later than 3:00 PM and must be accompanied with bid security of 100,000.00 ETB (One hundred thousand ETB) in the form of CPO or unconditional bank guarantee issued by a domestic bank in the name of Jimma City Administration.
- The bid security in the form of an unconditional bank guarantee shall be submitted using the Bid Security Form included in section 4 (Bidding Forms) of Bidding Document. Late bids after bid submission due date and time shall be rejected/returned unopened. Technical documents & bid bond will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below on the 21s’ working day of the 1″ day announcement at 3:30 PM. If that day is not a working day, it will be at the same time and place on the next working day. Prospective qualified (responsive) bidders will be notified for the date of financial opening and the public reading of bid prices.
- The employer reserves the right to reject all or parts of the bid.
Jimma City Finance and Economic Cooperatives
Jimma City Administration yard, Finance, and Economic Cooperatives Building Ground floor
Street Feranj Arada near to Aba Jifar Round About
Tel: 047 111 9737/047 111 7083/047 111 7049, P.O.Box:
1597, Jimma, Ethiopia