Invitation for Bid
Procurement for the Construction of Urban Infrastructure in the City
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Urban Infrastructural and Institutional Development Program (UIIDP). It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for the Construction of New Awetu River Side Development Integrating with Existing nearby Recreational Areas (Phase – 1):-Package Number – Jimma/UIIDP/W – 12/2013 EC.
Hence the City Administration now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the provision and construction of the above project.
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open national tendering procedures contained in the Public Procurement Proclamation of the Federal Government of Ethiopia and is open to all eligible bidders with GC/BC Contractors of Grade One (1).
- Those bidders are required to submit their business license renewed for the current year (2013 EC) and other appropriate documentary evidences demonstrating their bidder’s compliance, relevant registration certificate from Ministry of Construction & Urban Development Office/Oromia Construction Bureau, recent tax clearance from inland revenue authority, VAT registration certificate and tax payer registration certificate (TIN) from a legally authorized body.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents during official working hours at the address given below. Bidders (contractors) following another procurement procedure, who made past contractual obligations with Jimma City Administration and have project(s) on hand whose current outstanding performance is poor and/or less than 70% are not eligible to participate in this bid.
- A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased as of the 1st day of announcement on this news-paper by interested bidders on the submission of a written application (request) accompanied by copies of renewed business license, competency registration certificate, other necessary documents and certificates to the address set forth below and up on payment of a non-refundable fee of 500 ETB (Five Hundred Birr) during official working hours.
- Bid must be delivered on or before 21st working days from 1 day of announcement during working hours to the address below and on the 21st working day no later than 3:00 PM and must be accompanied with a bid security of 600,000.00 ETB (Six Hundred Thousand Birr)in the form of CPO or unconditional bank guarantee issued by a domestic bank in the name of Jimma City Administration.
- The bid security in the form of unconditional bank guarantee shall be submitted using the Bid Security Form included in section 4 (Bidding Forms) of Bidding Document.
- Late bids after bid submission due date and time shall be rejected/returned unopened. Technical documents & bid bond will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below on the 21st working day of the 1st day announcement at 3:30 PM. If that day is not a working day, it will be at the same time and place on the next working day. Prospective qualified (responsive) bidders will be notified for the date of financial opening and public reading of bid prices.
- The employer reserves the right to reject all or parts of the bid.
Jimma City Finance and Economic Cooperatives Jimma City Administration yard, Finance and Economic Cooperatives Buildings, Ground floor Street FeranjArada near to Aba Jifar Round About
Tel: 047 111 9737/047 111 7083/047 111 70 49
P.O. Box: 1597, Jimma, Ethiopia