Invitation to Bid
Reference No. 83352387
GIZ (Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH) is looking for a:
National FBS Master trainer in West Gojam & South Wollo Zone of Amhara Regional state, Ethiopia
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is looking for a national master trainer that will conduct farmer business school (FBS) training to equip DAs from various Woredas in West Gojam Zone and South Wollo Zone of Amhara Regional state with proper methodology and approach of FBS. Furthermore, the master trainer consultant will take part in ensuring the appropriate translation to local language, facilitating the learning process and sharing topics as well as provide necessary support and evaluation on FBS training activities, which is part of FBS implementation approach.
The Green Innovation Centres (GIC) supports the Ethiopian government with the development of the agricultural sector to improve the food supply chain, foster income, generate opportunities and target employment creation with focus on the youth and women. The introduction of FBS in GIC projects seen as integral part of Value Chain development to improve the livelihood of smallholder farmers by increasing income. Those products selected for value chain considered as lead products for Farmers Business School (FBS) introduction; in this case Wheat, Legumes and Honey and Bees wax. So far GIC has identified potential commodities for possible link to the existing value chains in the project intervention regions. Accordingly, farmers will be trained through FBS trained extension service providers for them to improve their farming business skill. The TOT training will be provided to nominated DAs from different intervention Woredas in West Gojam Zone and South Wollo Zone of Amhara Regional state. The FBS training of trainers will be conducted in West Gojam Zone and South Wollo Zone of Amhara Regional state.
Interested bidders who fulfil the following criteria can obtain the bid document starting from March 12,2020, 8:30am on working hours by indicating the reference number via an email address: [email protected]
The contractor should have following qualifications:
• University degree (MSc.) Agricultural Economics, Business Management, Marketing, or related field
• Good understanding of the Ethiopian agricultural sector, rural development and good knowledge on the farmer entrepreneurship specifically in wheat/ legumes / honey & bees wax production and marketing in Amhara region
• Previous experience in FBS training supervision and experiences in conducting FBS training
• Good understanding on the concept, methodology and tools of FBS training.
• Proven experience in developing and conducting participatory training methodology
• Very good command of Amharic, Oromifa and English; additionally, Cultural sensitivity and gender sensitivity are must.
• The consultant certification and testimonies on FBS training knowledge and skill as well as engagement as FBS trainer is an input.
• Proven experience in taking part during FBS training as master trainer and properly translate the technical terms meaning by the local language to the local farmers and extension worker.
• Experiences in translating English to Oromifa/Amharic
All bids must be delivered/submitted physically in the address below before 4:00 pm Ethiopian time on Monday, 23th of March 2020.
GIZ GIC reserves the right to cancel the bid fully or partially.
The address referred above to submit your Technical and Financial Offers is:
German Development Cooperation
GIZ Office, Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 18 (Behind Intercontinental Hotel)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia