ETHIOPIA FEDERAL TRANSPORT AUTHORITY
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES- INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
- FEDERAL TRANSPORT AUTHPRITY (FTA)
- TRANSPOT SYSTEMS IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (TRANSIP)
- Credit No.: ET-51860
- Assignment Title: Senior Database Expert
- Reference No: ET-FTA-210938-CS-INDV
The Federal Government of Democratic of Republic Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Transport Systems Improvement Project (TRANSIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- Take Icad in all the database requirements for the TTMS (design and implementation stages)
- Proactively research and advice and recommendations on all project-related technical issues, challenges, and risks
- Develop the skills and knowledge required to perform all duties required and specified in the RFP
- Provide timely reviews and recommendations on technical work products and deliverables
- Participate in the Development of User Acceptance Test (UAT) plan and support the UAT execution plan and submit a report, especially on all database-related items
- Participate in the preparation /review/ evaluation of bidding documents (TORS, RFPs, Specifications, and Proposals) for Software and systems procurements
- Follow-up the work of the technical consultants, project designs, bid specifications, and tendering of bidding documents for TTMS and ERP projects;
- Work closely with the Technical Advisors/Consultants, tasking their work and assuring that it is well coordinated with all stakeholders.
- Work closely and transfer knowledge to database assistants
- Assist in preparing contract documents for IT projects and supervising commissioning of projects; Coordinating the monitoring of results
- Participate in meetings and workshops as required
- Work with Software Experts, Database Experts, QA team, and security personnel to execute the project according to requirements.
- Coordinate with the IT Projects team leader to conduct audit and certification of the IT system
- Ensures the timeliness, cost, and quality of all activities performed under the project
- Prepare technical comments to the consultants and consolidate comments and input from FTA and other involved stakeholders
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports as per the format provided October 2011
FTA/ TRANSIP now invites eligible consulting individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. And also required to submit as part of an expression of interest, a one page summary of their understanding of the TRANSTP Component C: Sub-Component 1 to 3. Project Appraisal Document (PAD) of TRANSIP, can be accessed at The World Bank website,
The shortlisting criteria are (but not limited to):
- Minimum university degree in Computer science, Information technology/systems, or related
- Six (6) years of professional experience for BA or BSC and four (4) years for MA or MSC
- In the IT Industry; from which 3+ years with previous database development experience
- Database development and administration certification in MS SQL Server, Oracle, or other related technologies
- Independently carried out senior database expert duties at least in I national level IT projects or large enterprise projects (Min of 1 million USD project value) benefiting multi-stakeholders.
- Experience on open-source relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL is a plus
- Experience on NoSQL databases such as MongoDB is a plus
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s
Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
An individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Consultants may obtain further information from the address below during office hours: 9:00 – 11:30 hours 14:00 – 16:30 hours from Monday to Thursday, and 8:30 – 11:30 and 14:00-16:30 hours on Friday.
The service of the Expert will be required to be at the premises of the FTA 12 days /month with a one year contractual employment duration and with possible extension based on performance. The Consultant shall be accountable to the TRANSIP IT Projects Team Leader.
Expressions of interest, including a one page summary of their understanding of the TRANSIP Component C: Sub-Component 1 to 3, must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 18 January 2021 before 16:00 hours.
Federal Transport Authority
Transport Systems Improvement Project
Ms. Banchealem Addis, Project Implementation Unit Head
4th floor, Room # 406/401, Woreda 7, Kirkos Sub-City, Po Box 2504
Tel +251-1-51-5842, +251-1-51-0244, Fx+251-1-51-0715
Email email@example.com, transip. fta.kebre(&,gmail.com
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia