Specific Procurement Notice Request for Bids Goods
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
- Country: The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Name of Project: Enhancing Shared Prosperity through Equitable Services (ESPES)
- Contract Title: Procurement of 15 Vehicles (10 Station Wagons and 5 Pick Ups) with field kits
- Loan No./Credit No/Grant No.: IDA-D2290
- RFB Reference No.: ET-CSA-191395-GO-RFB
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Enhancing Shared Prosperity through Equitable Services and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Procurement of 15 Vehicles (ie. Lot 1 -10 Station wagons and Lot 2-5 Pickups) with field kits of spare parts.
- The Central Statistical Agency (CSA) now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the Procurement of 15 Vehicles (i.e. 10 Station wagons and 5 Pickups) with field kits of spare parts. Clarification in Lots is for the Evaluation Purpose only. Bidders are required to bid for one or both lots, as further defined in the bidding document.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” October 2017 (“Procurement Regulations”) and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the Central Statistical Agency (CSA) Mr. Ashenafi Alemayehu / Mr. Wondimu Abo with the electronic address csaprocurment2@gmail. Com and inspect the bidding document during office hours from Monday- Friday during office hours (8:30 A.M. 5:30 PM) at the address given below Paragraph 9
- A complete set of bidding documents in English (for both lots) may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 300.00 or $10.00 in Cash or CPO. The method of payment will be in cash or through bank transfer and the document will be collected or sent by airmail.
- Bids must be delivered to, the address below paragraph 9 on or before 12-November 2020 at 2:30 pm. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below paragraph 9 on 12 November 2020 a 3:00 PM
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of Lot 1 ETB 700,000 and Lot2 ETB 400,000 or in a freely convertible currency.
- “Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.”
- The address(es) referred to above is:
Attention: Mr. Ashenafi Alemayehu or Mr.
Wondimu Abo Central Statistical Agency (CSA), Head office;
Piassa, behind or about 200 meters to the South
East of Tayitu Hotel; Procurement and Property
New Building, Block #2, 2nd Floor;
Tel. +25111 111 8495, Fax: +25111 111 54 70;
Email: email@example.com, Web site:
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia