FAMILY GUIDANCE ASSOCIATION OF ETHIOPIA
Bid announcement for Conducting Research on Discontinuation and Uptake of FP
The Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia (FGAE) is an Ethiopian Resident Charity Organization playing a pivotal role in the introduction and expansion of family planning and other sexual and reproductive health services in Ethiopia. It has been contributing to the national effort to meet the high unmet need in the country for over half a century since 1966. It is one of the few member associations that are awarded accreditation by IPPF.
Currently, FGAE has developed a ToR to procure a Consultancy service for conducting research on Discontinuation and uptake of Family planning the assignment requires interested and legally registered consultancy firms (VAT registered, with tax payer’s identification number and with renewed license); with at least three years’ proven experience in conducting researches, assessments, reviews, evaluations, and researches related to FP.
Consultancy firms applying for the assignment are expected to have a team with a professional mix of qualified and experienced experts in the following fields of study public health, SRH, social sciences (i.e. social work, sociology). Monitoring & Evaluation, and quantitative subjects like statistics. The consulting firm should include only those experts and professionals who will be available during the research assignment. Each expert has to have at least two years of practical experience in his/ her prior engagement in similar assignments. Interested consultancy firms are expected to submit their technical and financial proposals in separately sealed and waxed envelopes within 15 calendar days starting the date of announcement of this bid.
COLLECTION OF TOR & SUBMISSION OF BID DOCUMENT:
- All bidders are required to submit separate technical and financial proposals in separately sealed and stamped envelopes at FGAE, Head Office (Addis Ababa) on or before October 21, 2020, at 12:30 (lunchtime), Bid proposal shall be accompanied by a separately sealed bid security of 1% of the bid amount in the form of CPO or bank guarantee.
- All documents with regard to the firm’s profile, team composition and CV of individual team members, copy of the license, and taxpayers’ registration documents shall be attached to the technical proposal; CPO must also be attached in the technical proposal in a separately sealed envelope. Technical evaluation will take 60% while financial evaluation is accounted for 40%.
- The bid documents shall be deposited to the box provided for this purpose at the address mentioned below.
- The bid will be opened on October 21, 2020. at 2:00 PM (After lunch) at FGAE Head Office Hall (Addis Ababa) in front of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend the opening. FGAE reserves the right to partially or fully cancel the bid.
Applicants are required to fulfill the following minimum requirement:
- They should be legally registered and shall present a renewed trade license;
- They should have a VAT and TIN registration certificate;
- They should be able to provide the organizational profile and the CVS of individuals who are going to take part in the research;
- They should demonstrate proven experience facilitating conducting reviews and evaluation and producing a report
- They should have a mix of expertise from public health, monitoring and evaluation/knowledge management, social science, and quantitative subjects
To this effect, FGAE would like to invite potential bidders/firm, with extensive and experience for consultancy service stated above and interested bidders can collect the TOR prepared for this purpose at a non-returnable fee of Birr one hundred (100.00) at FGAE main office located at the address below.
Contact address: For any information, doubts, bidding document
purchase, Bid delivery and opening
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia (FGAE), Head Office
Debre Zeit Road, Meskerem Mazoria (Ritchie Area)
3rd floor Room No. 303
Tel. 251 (11) 467 2216, or 251 (11) 467 2300 (for any information, compliant, or doubts)
P.O. Box 5716, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
All Tenders are also available at www.fgae.org