Request for Technical and Financial Proposals
(Ethiopian Human rights Commission
Assignment Title: Produce Advocacy Awareness Creation TV Shows on Political Participation of Women and Prevention of Violence against Women in Politics
The Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) established as an independent national human rights institution in 2000, has a wide range of powers of protection and promotion of human rights in Ethiopia. One of the thematic areas EHRC works on is women’s rights. The Commission realizes that although there has been a steady progress on women’s participation and representation in the parliament, the slow progress on the number of women in parliament implies that women continue to face numerous challenges including violence against women when they are exercising their political rights. Hence, EHRC is implementing a project which aims at ensuring women’s equal participation in politics with the technical and financial support of UN Women.
One of the strategies of implementation of the project’s objectives is advocating for better political participation of women, including gender-responsive election processes. The project also aims at building the advocacy capacity of CSOs, especially women organizations, and political parties. The project will use mainstream and social media for its advocacy work, including Television and major social media outlets. Therefore, EHRC plans to produce TV shows and recruit a firm/company for the production of series of television shows creating awareness on the risks and challenges that women-in-politics face.
EHRC invites interested and experienced firms/consultants to offer Technical and Financial Proposals.
Interested firms/consultants please collect ToR from the Finance and Procurement Directorate of the Commission at the address below during regular work hours, i.e., 8:30 a.m.- 12:30a.m, and 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- The technical proposal (together with company profile, human resource profile, work samples of previously produced TV talk-shows (DVD)) and financial proposal together with a covering letter shall be submitted before application deadline September 03, 2020. Bid will be closed at 2:00 p.m. on September 03, 2020 and will be opened from 2:30 p.m. on September 03, 2020. Applicants are required to submit copies of license, VAT, supplier registration, etc., together with their financial proposal.
- Interested applicants must submit their technical and financial proposals in two separately sealed envelopes to the Finance and Procurement Directorate.
- While submitting applications, applicants must make sure that the subject line is Application for a “Consultancy to Produce Advocacy/Awareness Creation TV Programs: Political Participation of Women and Prevention of Violence against Women in Politics”.
- Firms/Companies with qualified female hosts are highly encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Commission, and selection will be announced no later than September 7, 2020.
Address: Ethiopian Human Rights Commission, Kirkos Sub City, Woreda 06,
Kazanchis near development bank of Ethiopia
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission