Invitation to Bid
Reference No. ECWCT-62/2012 (ICB)
1. Description of Services – Consultancy Service Dam Safety Assessment, Detail Investigation and Design of Remedial Measures for Kessem Dam and Irrigation Project. The project is located on the Kesem River, in Afar Regional State, approximately 237km west from Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia. Geographically It is located 39° 54′ E and 099 09′ N.
2. The Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation is, therefore inviting suitable and qualified bidders to submit sealed bids for the tender hereinabove designated.
3. Interested bidders shall submit the following evidence;
- i. Trading License renewed for 2012 EC; and
- ii. Tax Clearance Certificate indicating the bidder is allowable to participate in any public tender,
- iii. VAT Registration Certificate
4. Interested & eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Foreign Procurement Team of ECWC at Old Building Block No. 1 Room and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 8:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. and 1:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. From Monday to Thursday and 8:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. and 1:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. on Fridays and 8:30 A.M. to 12:30 P. Mon Saturdays.
5. A complete set of bidding document prepared in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application and furnishing the eligible document indicated in No-3 of the notice to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Bin 500 (Birr Five hundred only) effective as of the date of publication of this invitation to bid on the Ethiopian Herald Newspaper. The method of payment for bidding document will be in cash,
6. Bidders shall submit two envelopes, “technical proposal & Bid Security” in one envelope and “Financial Bid” and other documents specified in the TOR separately in another envelope and should be sealed in an outer envelope and be deposit into the Tender Box available in the Procurement Department of the Corporation, Old Building Block No. 1 on or before May, 19/2020 at 10:00 AM.
7. Evaluation is to be carried out in two stages i.e. Technical proposal will be evaluated 1 and financial aspect of those who have technically qualified will follow to identify the list bidder in line with provisions of evolution procedures specified in the tender document.
8. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 0.5% -2% of the total value of financial proposals, not exceeding bin 500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand). The bid security should be either in the form of Certified Payment Order (CPO) and Letter of Credit or Bank Guarantee. Bid bond in the form of insurance bond or in any other form shall not be accepted.
9. Bids will be opened on May, 19/2020 at 10:30 A. M at ECWC, Procurement Department Conference Room in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend on the Bid opening ceremony.
10. Late bids will be rejected and returned unopened.
11. The Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids. Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation
Tel:- +251-118-96 29 91
P.O. Box: – 21952/1000
Address: – ECWC Building at Gurd Shola, In front of
Andnet International School
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia