Ethiopian Center for Disability Development (ECDD) is an Ethiopian Development Organization established in 2005 and reregistered at Agency for Civil Society Organizations as Ethiopian Development Organization with Certificate no. 0321 under the Proc. No. 1113/2019. ECDD is working with other organizations to promote and facilitate the inclusion of persons with disabilities and disability issues in mainstream service delivery and development programs envisioning an Inclusive Ethiopia where persons with disabilities exercise the same rights and have access to the same services and opportunities enjoyed by other citizens.
Currently, ECDD is implementing a project titled: Promoting Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), which is supported by the David and Lucile Packard foundation with the goal of increasing access and utilization of SRH Services by Adolescents and Youth with Disabilities.
2. Objectives of the Survey
2.1. Overall objectives of the study
The overall objective of this study is to assess access and utilization of SRH services among persons with disabilities
2.2. Specific objectives
- To assess existing policy gaps to implement disability inclusive SRH services;
- To assess current knowledge, attitudes and Behavior (KAB) of relevant stakeholders working on SRH services on the SRH needs and rights of persons with disabilities (policy makers, SRH service providers and organizations of persons with disabilities)
- To assess and identify gaps on knowledge, attitudes and Behavior among persons with disabilitiesTo derive way forwards and recommendations from the survey aiming an increase on the access utilization of SRH services among persons with disabilities
3. Methodology of the Survey
In order to collect both quantitative and qualitative data, the methodology of this survey should be participatory and disability inclusive. The consultant should propose a detailed methodology and plan for this assessment.
4. Study area and subjects
A total of six semi urban towns in Ethiopia (to be disclosed) will be target areas of the survey. The study involves the following target Population/study subjects:
- The target population include persons with visual, hearing, physical and intellectual disabilities in reproductive health age.
- Key decision makers in MOH, health facilities and SRH service providersDPO (organization of persons with disabilities) representatives
5. Desired Services and deliverables
After signing a service agreement, the consultant nominated for the job is expected to get the ethical approval from the authentic institution to carry out the study and deliver the following assignments:
An inception report
- The detailed research methodology including: the research design, and sampling techniques and analysis;
- Detailed planning of each task of the survey process and the persons involved in each task;
- List of stakeholders to consult;
- Develop data collection tools such as: questionnaire and discussion guide for key informant interviews and focus group discussions on and pre-test tools;
Submit survey report
- Review national policies focusing on SRH, assess whether they have mainstreamed disability or proposed tailored interventions for persons with disabilities and spot out areas for improvement with proposed recommendation;
- Review various literature’s and surveys from abroad focusing on this issue;
- Consolidate the report based on research procedures Produce the Survey assessment report.
- Prepare presentation slides methodology, findings, recommendations and conclusions and validate the research
- The consultant should submit a final report in English both in hard and soft copies along with all survey data (in excel or SPSS compatible formats), the transcriptions of the FGD, interviews, photographs, data collection tools, lists of respondents, reference documents, and ethical approval document/letter.
6. Eligibility: Required Capacity and Skills
Consultancy firms, as well as individuals having the following competencies/skills and capacities, are eligible to apply for this shortterm consultancy service. Profound knowledge and experience in conducting a KAB study that employs a mixed approach of quantitative and qualitative methods;
Knowledge and experience on disability and disability inclusion; Registered under the set of legal provisions or under any other valid legal cover; Commitment to meet the deadlines;
The total duration to complete the survey shall be not more than 45 (forty five) days starting from the date of signature of the consulting contract.
8. Submission of Proposals
Interested and qualified organizations or individuals may send their proposals, along with the following information:
- Profile, giving background and experience of the firm and a detailed CV of the consultants involved
- Technical Proposal
- Financial proposal
- Copy of renewed Registration Certificate, License or WorkPermit
- Other relevant supporting documents
9. Submission procedures
Applicants (Institutions or independent persons) interested in bidding for this consultancy must provide the aforementioned items with in 10 days of the bid announcement to the following email address: info@ ecdd-ethiopia.org.orHRecdd@ecdd-ethiopia.orgor through postal address P.O.Box- 1530 Code 1250 Or in person at the ECDD head office located Addis Ababa, Meskel Flower Road, Behind Dreamliner Hotel.
For any question please contact us at Tel, Office: +251-114-165859
For further information, please visit at Ethiojobs.net