Notice of Invitation for Bid
(Procurement No. DCE/EW/75/2020)
- Defense Construction Enterprise has signed a contract Agreement with Ethiopian Roads Authority to TarmaberMeleyaya-Sefedmeda Road Project; and intends to subcontract the Earthwork including Clearing and Grubbing, Roadbed Preparation, Excavation, Embankment Construction, sub-base construction and Finishing of slopes, sub-contract 1: Earthwork from station 0+000 to 10+000 to an illegible contractor.
- Defense construction Enterprise then now invites registered constructors of category GC-1, RC- 1 to GC-5, RC-5 with their professional and trade license valid for the year 2009 E.C/ registered for VAT and having tax clearance )for local contractors) to submit sealed bids for providing the necessary labor, materials, and equipment for the Earthwork including clearing and Grubbing, Roadbed preparation, Excavation, Embankment Construction and Finishing of Slopes and sub-base of Tarmaber-Meleyaya-Sefedmeda Road Project, Sub-contract 1: Earthwork From station 0+000 to 10+000.
- The works to be carried out under this sub-contract comprises the Clearing and Grubbing, Road Bed Preparation, in situ Roadbed Treatment, Excavation, Embankment Construction and Finishing of slopes and sub-base of Tarmaber-MeleyayaSefedmeda Road Project, Sub-contract: Earthwork From station 0+000 to 10+000. The road is DS5 with Asphalt concrete with a width of 7m carriageway and 1.5m gravel-surfaced shoulder on each side of the road. The subcontractor is expected to construct the sub-contract work as per the drawings and specifications of the main contract.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the Defence construction Enterprise at the address given below from 8:30 to 12:30 am and 1:30 to 5:30 pm from Monday to Friday local time. Complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders as of MAY 18/2020 at the above office upon presentation of the document mentioned under item (2) above and a written application to us and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Birr 500. Address: Defence Construction Enterprise Ethio-China Friendship (Wello Sefer-Gotera) Road Addis Ababa Ethiopia Tel. +251-11-442-2260/70/71/72 Fax +251-442-0746
- Bidders shall submit two envelopes, “Qualification information and Bid security” and “Financial Bid” separately sealed and the two envelopes should also be sealed in an outer single envelope.
- Evaluation is to be carried out in two stages, qualification information first and Financial Bids of qualified Bidders next.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before JUN 09/2020 at 9:00 A.M in the morning. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of ETB 100,000.00 late bids will be rejected. Qualification information and bid security will be opened in the presence of bidders representatives who choose to attend, at the address below JUN 09/2020 AT 9:30 A.M. in the morning General Manager Defence Construction Enterprise Addis Ababa Ethiopia Tel. +251-11-442-2260/70/71/72 Fax. +251-442-0746
- Defense Construction Enterprise reserves the right to accept any or reject any or all bids without giving any reasons.
Defense Construction Enterprise