BUILDING RESILIENCE AND CREATION OF ECONOMIC
OPPORTUNITIES IN LIBEN CLUSTER -RESET 11
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Contracting Authority: Cordaid Ethiopia
Building resilience and creation of economic opportunities in Liben cluster – RESET II is 3 years and 11 months (October 2016 – August 2020) project funded by EU and implemented by the consortium of five non-governmental organizations: Cordaidlead, RACIDA, ACPA, VSF-Suisse, and COOPI. The project targets the most vulnerable communities to human-induced and natural disaster crises in four districts of Liben and Dawa Zones, Somali Regional State, namely Dhekasuftu, Dolo-Ado, Mubarak and Moyale.
The Overall Objective of the project was to strengthen economic opportunities and resilience of the most vulnerable communities to human-induced and natural disaster crises, through measures that will increase livelihoods and employment, and better access to basic services, in Liben cluster which are known to be drought-prone and food insecure. The overall objective will be achieved via three inter-related specific objectives that aim to improve access to and quality of integrated basic services delivery (health and nutrition, potable water supply, and improving sanitation and hygiene). Increase food security and improve livelihoods, and improve Disaster Risk Management capacities of government and community in the action target areas. The three inter-related Specific Objectives (SO) are:
S01: Increased access to and quality of basic health and nutrition services, potable water supply, and improving sanitation and hygiene.
SO2: Increased food security and nutrition through improved crop and livestock production, productivity, and diversity with the promotion of dryland farming practices, fodder development, small scale irrigation schemes, marketing/value chains, or outreach animal health services. This also includes the promotion of household consumption to increase household as well as individual dietary diversity.
SO3: Improved Disaster Risk Management capacity at the government woreda level and community level.
The project is ended its implementation cycle in August 2020, Working in four districts embracing diverse thematic and cross-cutting themes, RESET Il provides a tremendous opportunity for good practices and learning. A “good practice” can be defined as: A good practice is a technique or methodology that, through experience and research, has proven to reliably lead to the desired result. A commitment to using good practices in any field is a commitment to using all the knowledge and technology at one’s disposal to ensure success. Some of the characteristics of good criteria include relevancy in addressing the operational and programming areas; Innovative in demonstrating new and creative ideas to solving the problems; impact demonstrates a positive and tangible result that enhances program delivery and contributes to long term results and Replicability in that it serves as an effective model and has potential for application to other contexts/programs. “Learning is the process whereby knowledge is created through the transformation of experience” (Kolb, 1984). Hence, documenting the learning and knowledge is a vital work to contribute for future development activities.
2. OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
- To develop documentation print, photo, and video materials that capture and present the storyline of the RESET Il projection cluster, Good Practices and Lessons Learned and Case Studies, that merit attention for documentation as knowledge products for future programming and wider dissemination.
2.1 Specific Objectives
1. To develop a creative text narrative storyline of the RESET project-Liben cluster, including its integrated multi-sectoral and multiagency approaches, components and results, impact on targeted beneficiaries, Good Practices and Lessons Learned, and Case Studies that have evolved during the project implementation cycle for showcasing to a wide spectrum of audience.
2. Produce Case Studies Booklets showcasing Good Practices and Lessons Leamed that have evolved at project consortium and partner levels, and at Health, WASH, Livelihoods and DRR/DRM beneficiary level during the project implementation cycle with the text and relevant photographs showcasing changes and impacts brought out by the project interventions.
3. Capture photographs with relevant photographs showcasing changes and impacts brought out by the project.
4. Produce documentary audio-video storyline of RESET II project-Liben cluster, showcasing its integrated multisectoral and multiagency approaches, components andresults, impact on targeted beneficiaries, Good Practices and Lessons Learned and Case Studies that have evolved during the project implementation cycle to a wide spectrum of audience.
5. Capture and document audio-video clips as part of a longer recording showcasing Good Practices and Lessons Learned and Case Stories
3. SCOPE OF WORK
The assignment will focus entirely on the Results and Sub-results under three inter-related Specific Objectives (SO) of the RESET II project. The documentation will cover all the project components and four districts, for the period between October 2016 – August 2020. The consultant will collect and document good practices and lessons learned and case stories from all the consortium member organizations implementing the project in the form of text narrative and audio-video documentary. The consultant will totally rely on the information provided by the direct beneficiaries, community grassroots organizations, including community volunteers (VSLA/ VICOBA, Marketing or income generating groups, DRR, NRM committees etc.), local government sector offices, and consortium member organizations.
- Final inception report containing comprehensive methodology on how the consultant will approach and complete the assignment, work plan and tools
- Power-point presentation of preliminary findings Draft reports of:
- creative text narrative storyline of RESET II project-Liben cluster,
- 12 different 5-10 page Case Studies Booklets,
- 50 Photographs with Captions,
- 30-45 minute full-length Documentary Audio-video Storyline of RESET II project-Liben cluster,
- 8 Audio-video Clips of 25 minutes as part of a longer recording
- creative text narrative storyline of RESET Il project-liben cluster,
- 12 different 5-10 page Case Studies Booklets,
- 50 Photographs with Captions,
- 30-45 minute full-length Documentary Audio-video storyline
- of RESET Il project-Liben cluster,
- 8 Audio-video Clips of 2-5 minutes
5. DURATION / TIMELINE
This assignment will take place for a maximum of 35 working days from the signing of the contract by both parties. The consultant should bring the detail work plan as part of the inception report.
6. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Consultants should have at least degrees in-discipline relevant to the assignment, such as Health, WASH, Agricultural Economics, Livestock, DRR/DRM, and Communication; – More than 3 years of working experience in documentation of good practices, lessons and case stories of program/projects;
- At least 5 years of practical experience working in integrated Health, WASH, livelihood, DRR/DRM promotion and proven knowledge of pastoralist context At least have 5 years of professional experience and track record in professional photography and videography; High level of proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic and knowledge of Somali language is required; Company Legal Requirements: Interested applicant should bring the following along Technical and Financial proposals:
- Valid Certificate of Consultancy Service Valid Trading License
- Valid Tax Registration Certificate (indicating TIN and VAT Number)
- Full and accurate physical, postal, telephone and email address
NB: Lack of any of these will lead to disqualification
7. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- All interested consultants should apply by presenting the following documents: Letter of Application, briefly describing the motivation behind the application and outlining the candidate’s suitability, Comprehensive technical proposal detailing methodology on how the consultants will approach and complete the assignment and reference/certificates of good completion proving that the consultants have carried out similar assignments.
- Updated CVs for the team of consultants, indicating educational background and professional qualification, Financial proposal that indicates the all-inclusive total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs.
How to apply:
Interested applicant should submit separate technical and financial proposals in two sealed envelopes along with an application letter and hand deliver to following address no later than 5:00 pm Addis Ababa time, by 13/10/2020 @ 04:00: Interested applicants must send an email request with subject “RESET Leaming ” to procurementET@cordaid.org to get fullToR. Please No personal visit at all.
Cordaid Ethiopia Office Mail address: P.O. Box 27638/1000 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Visitors address: Our office located at Bole Homes, Near to Genet Chafe Grocery Addis Ababa, Ethiopia