SECTION I. INVITATION FOR BID
- Purchasing of Water Quality reagents and Water treatment Chemicals.
- To: All Suppliers with a renewed license valid for the year.
- The Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Water, Irrigation & Energy Resources DevelopmentBureau invites eligible suppliers with a renewed license for 2012/2013 E.C, registration card issued from the Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy, VAT registration certificate, and Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- The source of the fund is from COWASH Project.
- Types of procurement: Water Quality reagents and water treatment Chemicals
- The location of Clients: The Benishangul GumuzRegional State, Assosa
- Interested Suppliers can purchase a complete set of bidding documents in English from the day that the advertisement appears in the EthiopianHerald newspaper at (1). Room No. Ministry of Water; Irrigation and Energy, Addis Ababa.Or (2). Room No. B-06 in Benishangul GumuzRegion Water, Irrigation and Energy ResourcesDevelopment Bureau, Assosa during normal working hours upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Ethiopian Birr 200.00 (Two Hundred BirrOnly). The method of payment will be in cash.
- The eligible Suppliers are expected to go through the bidding document and submit original and copies of their technical and financial proposals in separate wax-sealed envelopes addressed toBenishangul Gumuz Region Water, Irrigation and Energy Resources Development Bureau, AssosaRoom No B-06 on or before 3:30 PM on or before21 calendar days from the last advertisement date notice on the Ethiopian Herald and bids shall be opened at 4:00 PM at the Addis Ababa Ministry of Water Irrigation and Energy.
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the opening tender procedures contained in the public procurement proclamation of the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and is open to all eligible bidders.
- Bids shall be valid for a period of Sixty (60) days after Bid opening. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security, in an acceptable (CPO or bank guarantee) form amounting to 30,000 Birr (ThirtyThousand) and they shall be delivered to “TheBenishangul Gumuz Regional State WaterIrrigation and Energy Resources DevelopmentBureau, (Room No. B-06) (Asossa)” on 3:30 PM on or before 21 calendar days from the last advertisement date of this notice on the Ethiopianherald and Bids shall be opened at 4:00 PM at the same date & address in the presence of the suppliers who wish to attend. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
- Bidders should provide qualification requirements which include: (i) ownership (ii) Supplyingmaterials similar size in each of the last One-year, (iii) annual turnover of 1.5 times the bid value in each of the last two years, (iv)liquid assets of at least 1/3 the contract value. Additional details are provided in the bidding documents.
- The Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Water, Irrigation and Energy Resources DevelopmentBureau reserve the right to reject all or part of the bid.
Benishangul Gumuz Regional StateWater, Irrigation and Energy Resources
Development BureauP.O.Box 51,
Tel: 057-775-0719 /0917856485