COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
NAME OF PROJECT: Transport Systems Improvements Project (TRANSIP)
PROJECT ID No: P151819
CREDIT No: 5816-ET/IDA-56160
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Project
Reference No: ET-AARTB-163884-CS-QCBS
The Government of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Transport Systems Improvements Project (TRANSIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards the cost of Consultancy Services for Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Project.
The Consultancy Service is planned to create a higher density, more compact, mixed-use walkable development within easy walking distance of mass transit, such as the BRT and LRT stations that will maximize transit ridership potential, which, in turn, will create a revenue return from transit investments in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. When combined with other land use and transportation strategies that support more compact,walkable development patterns TODs can help change travel behaviors
by making the walking trip or the transit trip as desirable as an auto trip to reach a destination.
The objective of this consultancy service is;
- To develop TOD design (detailed urban design), guideline, Implementation strategy, and policy for the selected as a pilot project that can be used as a case study for other locations, to be implemented within a period of 5 years.
- To create 7 days and 24 hours of vibrant city centers through integrating, Economic and social activity
- To provide long-term visions and goals for desirable TOD development in the city.
- To identify the potential and opportunities in the design and Implementation of TOD in Addis Ababa
- To prepare the most appropriate, sustainable, and cost-effective implementation strategy.
- To prepare contextualized Implementation guidelines.
The duration of the services is estimated to be 18 Months. The expected time of commencement of these assignments will be April 2021. Interested consultants can obtain the terms of reference of the consultancy service from the address specified below. Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The short listing criteria are:
- Core business and years in business: The consultant shall have core business in Consultancy services in Transport Infrastructure projects and have general experience in any type of consultancy services.
- Specific Experience requires a consultancy firm with an experience on Transport Oriented Development studies in Urban Context.
- Technical capability and managerial organization of the firm.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines”, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants may propose to establish.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 A.M and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M Mondays to Thursdays, and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M on Fridays from Addis Ababa City Roads Authority(AACRA),
Engineering Procurement Directorate, Team 2, Ground floor, Room No. 37.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in one (1) original and three (3) hard copies or electronically to the address below (in person, or by mail) on or before 20th October 2020. Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA) Engineering Procurement Directorate Attn: Eng. Mohammedawel Seid, Engineering Procurement Directorate, Director Copied to: Team 2, Engineering Procurement Directorate Ground Floor, Room No. 37, AACRA Building, Pushkin Square P.O.Box 9206,
Tel: +2511372-89-48, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
ADDIS ABABA CITY ROADS AUTHORITY