Call for Expression of Interest- Consultancy to Document Lessons Learned, Good Practices and Success Stories for European Union Funded Resilience Building Projects in Wag Himra Zone, Amhara Region
Action Against Hunger is a non-profit humanitarian organization that is implementing relief, rehabilitation, and development programs in different parts of Ethiopia since 1985. Action Against Hunger has been registered as a Foreign Charity with the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Charities and Societies Agency under registration no.0032.
Action Against Hunger is planning to conduct a study for Capturing Lesson Learned, Good Practices, and Success Stories under different resilience-building projects funded by the European Union since 2014 in Wag Himra Zone, Amhara region. Action Against Hunger would like to invite all interested, eligible, and qualified companies to participate in this open call for expression of interest.
1) Objectives of the Assignment
The assignment will have the following specific objectives:
- To document success stories, good practices and lessons learned (what works well and what not) over the last seven years of implementation of the EU RESET funded projects from a representative selection of project components with a focus on changes in improved practices and in improved basic services, livelihood and disaster risk management at household and community levels.
- To document the contribution of the projects in building the capacity of local government partners and community institutions at different levels
- To draw key emerging lessons and document good practices and success stories how the ‘model of change’ and approaches under the RESET funded projects have been translated into practice in a changing external context.
- Produce knowledge products by assessing the RESET Project implementation approach: What is special about it? How can it inform the programming of resilience-building projects in the future? And What are the success factors?
- Produce an evidence for policy and strategy influencing and funding the resilience-building programming in the future
2) Minimum Requirements
- The lead consultant should have a minimum Master’s degree in rural development with very good knowledge of food security, resilience building, and knowledge of integrated interventions: public health, nutrition, agricultural and livestock systems, Livelihood diversification, environmental/natural resource management, etc.
- The proposed team must include professionals from the field of public health, rural development/ Agricultural economics/food security and livelihoods and Water and sanitation with relevant degrees, and communication specialist
- Proven experience in undertaking qualitative studies and producing lessons learned, good practices and success stories, in similar projects and context. Applicants should provide evidences and sample products (published materials, audio-visual materials, credentials, etc.) with reference certificates.
- Good knowledge of agricultural livelihoods, WASH, public health, disaster risk management and youth job creation Knowledge and experience in documenting lessons learned and case studies for development projects, specifically in food security resilience building
- Ability of team members to speak the local languages will be an asset and the team leader should be fully bilingual (English and Amharic)
- Ability to write, review, and edit reports, prepare and conduct presentations
- Experience in/ understanding of development context in Waghimra zone (Tekeze basin) would be an asset
- Legally registered firm with renewed license and Tin Number. Experience in working with INGOs and development projects is an asset.
Therefore, Companies who fulfil the above specified criteria are kindly requested to submit your Company/Enterprise Profile that contains required information to justify their current status on/before 11th June, 2020 before 5:00PM at the below address
Action Against Hunger Ethiopia Mission Addis Ababa Office Kirkos Sub City, Woreda 02, House No 470 and 100meter from Gazebo round about.
If you need any assistance, please call on the office phones: +251-114-702394.