REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
- Country:- Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Name of the Project:- Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project
- Loan No.:- IDA-60070
- Assignment Title:- Consultancy service for Preparation of RAP for Eastern Catchment Waste Water Treatment Plant and Sewer Line Construction
- Reference No:- ET-AAWSA-175391-CS-QCBS
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
1. Background: The Eastern Wastewater Catchment project –represents a significant investment in sanitation infrastructure for the city of Addis Ababa.
This investment will allow for the continued growth and development of the city in an environmentally sustainable manner over the coming years. Aligned to the wider objectives of helping the country to meet its commitments under the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s), this project offers a significant opportunity for Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority (AAWSA) to further develop state of the art wastewater collection and treatment infrastructure in the city. AAWSA has allocated finance for selection and employment of Consultancy service for Preparation of RAP for Eastern Catchment Waste Water Treatment Plant and Sewer Line Construction.
2. Duration of the Assignment: The consulting service intended duration is for 6 months
3. Objective of the Assignment: The main objective of this resettlement action plan (RAP) is ensuring that any potential adverse impacts from the Eastern Waste Water Treatment Plant and Sewer Lines Construction activities are mitigated and where possible avoided through early recognition of, and response to, issues.
The specific objectives of the RAP should include but not limited to:
- Establishing principles and legal frameworks to determine the nature and scope of project impacts, methods of property valuation, eligibility criteria for compensation entitlement and other resettlement assistances, and grievance redressing mechanism;
- Raising awareness on the Eastern Waste Water Treatment Plant Sewer Lines Construction Project and its potential- impacts to the PAPs, communities, government officials and interested parties;
- Identify type and extent of project impacts on loss of land, loss of other assets and loss of income source or livelihood;
- Document the socio-economic characteristics of project affected peoples;
- Estimation of budget (costs) for Resettlement; and Prepare institutional and time framework for the implementation of the RAP
4. Scope of Services
The Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) should be prepared in compliance with FDRE Legal Framework and World Bank Safeguard Policies as well as Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project Resettlement Policy Framework (RPF)) and Project Implementation Manual (PIM). The followings are the major tasks to be undertaken by the consultant:
- Task 1: Review of regulatory and policy documents
- Task 2: Consultations and Disclosure with stakeholders
- Task 3: Surveys and Identification of disadvantaged and vulnerable groups and prepare an analysis of how the land acquisition process affects vulnerable groups
- Task 4: calculate and schedule all compensatory entitlements for both resettlement and monetary compensation
- Task 5: Carry out Site Selection and Relocation Planning
- Task 6: Undertake Livelihood restoration and vulnerable group support plan
- Task 7: Carry out monitoring and evaluation for the land acquisition and resettlement process
- Task 8: Develop Grievance Redress Mechanism
- Task 9: Undertake capacity Building and trainings
6. Estimated Total Person Month/Input: 29 Persons Month/ Input
The Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority (AAWSA), Water and Sanitation Infrastructures Development Division Office now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:-Core business and years in business, qualification, and experience in the field of assignment, organizational and managerial capabilities of the firm, and general qualification and number of key staff but not individual experts’ bio data.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth, the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest for consulting services.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method as is set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours Monday-Friday 09:00 A.M-11:30AM in the Morning and 01:30 PM-05:00PM in the afternoon.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person or by mail, or by fax, on or before 11 August /2020, time 3:00 PM.
AAWSA, Water and Sanitation Infrastructures Development Division
Attention: Mrs. Mestawot Abebe
Head of Procurement Department
Address:- Lideta Kifle KetemaWereda 04 around
Lideta Condominium, on the Left Side of Lideta
Menafesha Floor/ Room number: 1st floor
Facsimile number:- +251 116623924
City: Addis Ababa
The Addis Ababa Water and
Sewerage Authority (AAWSA)