MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY OF THE FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
REFERENCE NUMBER: MoTIimp2020
DATE OF ISSUE: April 8, 2020GC
- GENERAL INFORMATION
The Ministry of Trade and Industry of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia(here in after called ) wishes to invite multinational companies that are interested to engage in the importation of selected basic food commodities and/or industrial inputs to the Ethiopian market on terms and conditions to be agreed with the ministry.
The companies to be short-listed shall be selected by the Ministry using transparent and competitive procedure to be awarded two years contract, which may be subject to renewal.
The basic food commodities and/or industrial inputs that are to be supplied by multinational companies are the following:
- Milling wheat – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -18.1million quintals;
- Edible oil of different varieties- – – – -104.28million litters;
- Sugar – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – 3.2million quintals;
- Rice- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – 1.73million quintals.
In written submission, applicants should indicate one or more of the basic food commodities and/or industrial inputs it can supply.
- THE PURPOSE OF THE EOI
The purpose of the EOI is to solicit applications and shortlist multi-national companies to supply the basic food commodities and/or industrial inputs listed above to the Ethiopian market. The EOI is open to all multi-national companies who meet the eligibility criteria.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The companies that are to be included in the short list, among others, shall:
- have good financial standing;
- be willing to import basic food commodities and/or industrial inputs with the specification, minimum volume, dry ports in Ethiopia and time to be determined by the ministry;
- import the basic food commodities and/or industrial inputs with their own cost without requiring foreign currency from Ethiopia; and
- agree either to invest (fully or partially ) or repatriate the cost incurred for importation of basic food commodities and/or industrial inputs together with the margin above two years from the date of import (preference will be given to those who are willing to invest their profits or all proceeds from such activities in Ethiopia).
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Interested multi-national companies are requested to submit a written submission with the list of commodities they can supply, timeframe of repatriation of proceeds, their interest (if any) to reinvest proceeds in Ethiopia, organizational profile and valid legal/formal registration/license / tax clearance documents with signed application letter and any necessary supporting documents they wish to be considered attached.
The potential multi-national companies can submit their application via sending e-mail to: MoTIimp2020@gmail.com subject: Expression of Interest Application: REFERENCE NUMBER: MoTIimp2020
EOI and other relevant documents must be submitted on or before April 23,2020GC, 5.00pm. EOI received after the above deadline will not be considered.
Only short listed companies will be contacted for further negotiation.